Sign in to follow this  
markde2e

Mark's nepentheses

Thank you!

Hello Mark,

very nice plant! How old is it?

Do you cultivate this species like an usual N. truncata?

Kind regards

Giovanni

Hello,

I bought this plant last year (late summer) from CZplants (see my growlist).

Don't know exactly how old, but it is a seedling, so not too old.

Ik keep all my plants in de windowsill at winter, and in the summer outside.

Even my heliamphora's are standing in full sun on the rooftop in de summer, soon i will post some photo's of them to.

Ps. i don't use a terrarium or greenhouse for any of my plants!

I even have one nepenthes that is standing outside on de rooftop in full sun all day long :biggrin:

mark.

Edit:

Photo of a new developping pitcher.

Strange thing is that every pitcher on this plant so far, gets an opening down the lid while the plant starts to inflate.

Just like the lid is to small, but never the less it keeps inflating and growing.

16258598cf7f33282004403b63afdb554da46857.jpg

Edited by markde2e

Hi Mark,

When I had one of these I often saw pitchers developing this way but often they would still grow to full size, i often thought it was where the humidity had dropped quite low for a short period of time as not all of the ones on mine developed like that, still very nice plant well done.

Ben

Hi Mark,

When I had one of these I often saw pitchers developing this way but often they would still grow to full size, i often thought it was where the humidity had dropped quite low for a short period of time as not all of the ones on mine developed like that, still very nice plant well done.

Ben

Okay that's intresting!

Maybe it's beqause all my plant have no high humidity...

It's a slow grower, but i think that this has too do with the small size of the plant and the fact that it's still a seedling and not a mature plant..

Update 1-7-2012:

16290955791ffbe0bbf8be7a94b11207da089fb3.jpg

16290956fd65d26ce90ddf67dc23b55830b3a333.jpg

16290957b8033497c6fac62ddea70637951d1121.jpg

Edited by markde2e

Yep, that small lid is from being too dry.

Maybe humidity or maybe too dry at the roots. I get it when I forget to water a plant for a while.

Oh crap... I'd be devastated if some bloody bird did that to anything of mine. I take it you next investment will be an air rifle to take care of the feathery buggers?

Edited by 19Silverman93

The apical meristem (growing point) I would expect to still be intact in this instance as it's pretty well buried in the middle and a new leaf will likely emerge from the centre as normal(ish) in time.