Kew Gardens

alanbower

Sadly I'm working with no chance of leave. It's usually a good day though. If you get there at 10 you get into the gardens for free. Then meet at the same place again for the afternoon and get a chance to see the private greenhouses. Usually well attended...

I'm curious, whats happening at Kew Gardens? I've read a few of the 'Open Day' threads and found no mention of Kew Gardens in any of them but maybe i missed something? I would like to attend one of these Open Days, maybe even this summer if i can manage it but find some of information a bit vague. Am i missing something?

ormus this info may be of some help.

Carnivorous Plant Society.

open Days and Events Diary 2012.

Kew Gardens Visit - Saturday 14th July - 10am FREE access, 1pm restricted area - Surrey.

Edited by djh
  • Like 1

Hello I sorry that Im probably writing off topic. So I will be going to London in two weeks and I will be visiting Kew. Am I able to access carnivorous plant nurseries? - as I have seen topics in this forum. Do I need some special permission?

• 1 month later...

Hi Calluna

Yes you have to be a member of the CPS to be able to visit Kew gardens free of charge on Saturday 14th July. Its quick and easy to join if you would like to go. You get to access the restricted areas too.

Regards Dianne

Hi Calluna

Yes you have to be a member of the CPS to be able to visit Kew gardens free of charge on Saturday 14th July. Its quick and easy to join if you would like to go. You get to access the restricted areas too.

Regards Dianne

Thanks for clearing that out. I assumed anyone could get in free before 10am. I was planning to go but very recently got a new job which has put a spanner in the works. I'll make it to an open day eventually!

• 2 weeks later...

Much reduced turn out today but excellent none the less. Sarracennia now moved out into the polytunnels and looking good and the Nepenthes were as splendid as ever.

• 2 weeks later...