Pics 2012

excellent "normal" sarracenia Francesco.

I still dont like the lidless form though,it is just wrong. I don't think it would do well in nature,it would probably fill with rain water and fall over.

Each to their own though.

More of the excellent normal sarra's please,i love the intensity of colour.

I've just noticed your "manky" too,any photos of it? i know its mikes F70 but would like to see if you get it to go like Aidans with the inverse veination,i ve never seen it do this at Mikes and would like to see if they are the same plant(mike says they are)but i have no proof yet.

Edited by ada

I've just noticed your "manky" too,any photos of it? i know its mikes F70 but would like to see if you get it to go like Aidans with the inverse veination,i ve never seen it do this at Mikes and would like to see if they are the same plant(mike says they are)but i have no proof yet.

I've just read Aidan's thread on manky. He says its growing in Moorland Gold, have you tried this to get the colour and inverse veining? I believe Mike only uses peat. I wonder if this is how Aidan achieves the colour in his sarras I can't as yet replicate. Or it could be just geography :rainingsmile: Time for an experiment with MG I think.

Great plants BTW!

Edited by linuxman

Wow. What is the name of plant #7 in the 'self made' post (looks like a flava ornata)? Same question for #8 in the 'others' post (very red with massive lid)? I want both those plants.

The 7th plant of my crossings is a cross between a F.rubricorpora x F.cuprea

The 8th is Kimber Red Ruffles...can't remember if it is a proper CV or not... however F.atroporpurea (IMO probably introgressed with leuco, since the wavy lid)

Regarding F70 Manky, I did not post any pic of it: just received a piece from MK this year...it should take a pair of years yet so we can see its colours...

Thank you guys! :)

• Like 1

The 7th plant of my crossings is a cross between a F.rubricorpora x F.cuprea

The 8th is Kimber Red Ruffles...can't remember if it is a proper CV or not... however F.atroporpurea (IMO probably introgressed with leuco, since the wavy lid)

Regarding F70 Manky, I did not post any pic of it: just received a piece from MK this year...it should take a pair of years yet so we can see its colours...

Thank you guys! :)

Thanks Frencesco. If you're ever inclined to sell a division of the rubricorpra x cuprea hybrid please let me know.

Francesco,its in the background of your third picture.

ada

ada

Yup I see it clear as day.

ada

Adrian you have the eyes like a hawk. :yes:

For the moment the color of the Manky is this.

7327614036_1614138cac_b.jpg

Others plants self made

7327762262_71d31ef2f5_b.jpg

7327709674_bac51c8da3_b.jpg

7327656476_251ef2dfdf_b.jpg

7327692824_371c6a0737_b.jpg

7327762610_75c81e032f_b.jpg

7327692464_1b11584c27_b.jpg

Two S. X moorei with long lid sisters, one green and the other Red

7327763028_4149443feb_b.jpg

7327763382_cafdc2ed7e_b.jpg

7327761638_ed044e324d_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful pics!

I love the "home-made" pure species "hybrids." Taking two different leuco clones from different locations and crossing them, for example, often times results in some amazing offspring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...