Leaf cuttings slow. Normal ?

These leaf cutting are probably the best part of 18 months + old. They took ages to root - 6 months plus but since putting them outdoors they have start to actually show signs of growth but are still very slow.

Is this normal for hem to grow this slow ? Kind of a ceph noob and this was my first attempt at taking leak cuttings. Think I have 8 leaves and 6 rooted, but very slowly.

The parent pant is the biggest one of course and it is putting out lots of big leaves and seems to be doing well in direct sun. I ensure that the medium is always damp but sometimes the parent plant does come close to drying out due to the terracotta pot but it is holding strong.

I plan to take some more cuttings very soon so I would like some tips or anything I may be doing wrong. The cutting are alive so I am doing something right; just about :)

Umm, how do I upload pics from my computer ???

Umm, how do I upload pics from my computer ???

Upload it to an image hosting site, such as http://tinypic.com/ or http://imgur.com/ (other image hosting sites are available), then copy and paste the BBCode directly into the forum post. You should resize the image to have a maximum height (if portrait) or width (if landscape) of 640 pixels (px) - for example 640 x 480. Some of the hosting sites have the ability to resize images, for example, tinypic has a 'Resize' option on the upload page.

They look fine to me. It is usually after about 18 months many of my plants really take off in their grwoth rate. Some grow very quickly from the start. It appears that those that from multiple growth points early, like yours, seem to be slower. Plants that have few growth points put out bigger traps, but the others tend to over take them for size later on.

I was impressed that one developed two growth points. It does seem the moss has starting to out grow them which got me worried but I think the sun has weakened or even killed the moss not so hopefully if will just star growing. They are about 18 months so hopefully they will start to grow a bit faster :)