Largest Dionaea Trap Competition 2012

Trev

Largest Dionaea Trap Competition 2012

It's time again for the Biggest Trap Competition :shock:

Prize for the winner is a Dionaea of your choice from http://www.vftshop.com

The competition is open to anyone worldwide but the prize can only be sent within Europe.

The rules are:

The trap must be closed and photographed parallel to the camera, with a clear plastic ruler (in millimetres) in front of the trap, the trap is to be measured across the side just below the teeth, the teeth are NOT included in the measurement. Like this:

trapmeasure.jpg

Post your pictures here. You can enter as many times as you like. Pictures must be taken this year. Competition ends September 31st.

May the biggest trap win! :banana:

Trev :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't believe it had such a piss poor response?

I never saw the post till it was already over last season.

Maybe it just needs more of a mention, personally I think it's a great competition with potentially a very nice addition to the winners collection courtesy of your generosity Trev.

Please go ahead with a 2013 competition , nice one !

• Like 1

It could be great to have it again but I don't know why people don't play the game. I have don't try last year because my 2 bigest clones produce again more than 5 cm traps, and I don't grow B52...

But I will play this year, just for the fun. :Laie_97:

The problem I think is once a big trap is posted people will only submit theirs if it is bigger. I think nobody could beat the last entry so didnt see the point of entering. Maybe if you have a big trap then dont post it until later in the comp so the rest of us think we have a chance. Ill never win as my plants are outside in the summer so dont grow big traps and last sumer was particularly bad.

Glad to see there's still some interest in continuing the competition. I'd happily donate the 3 plants for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes, it's the 3 lots of postage that puts me off :shock: LOL. Maybe someone else would like to donate a 2nd or 3rd prize? :yes:

Climate's not the only factor in growing large traps, if it was all the winners would be from the southern European countries, a good summer helps of course. From my own experience I've noticed plants that have not been allowed to flower in previous years produce bigger traps and also plants in bigger pots.

• Like 1

If they are grown in a green house then I agree. If they are kept outside the growing season is considerably shorter which I think has a big effect. However, I like the superior colour I tend to get from most types outdoors

I always like to follow this competition and competitions in general!! There are always a big amount of nice photos and nice plants... so I could be available to provide one of the prices :)

Seems not to be appreciated... :whistle3:

Edited by prized