New nepenthes specie in garden center .

remi

His name is nepenthes ''Linda''

I found him Today in garden center

I looked Information On the Internet

And I just found one information

It is one hybrid of nepenthes rebecca soper x N. ventricosa red .

Here is pictures of the plant.

I had never seen him in garden center.

01912.jpg

02011.jpg

02211.jpg

01111.jpg

01012.jpg

01313.jpg

Nice one it's from a dutch grower if im right i got the 'Louisa' version of it someone told me about this plant. I'll try to find the info back if i can find it!

nep2.jpg

fotonep.jpg

Ok found it:

These are 2 new cultivars from the grower Toon Kuipers. He made the 'Linda' and 'Louisa'. And he also developed the stand so the pitchers can hang nicely.

Greetings Rick

Edited by Madball

Nice one it's from a dutch grower if im right i got the 'Louisa' version of it someone told me about this plant. I'll try to find the info back if i can find it!

nep2.jpg

fotonep.jpg

Ok found it:

These are 2 new cultivars from the grower Toon Kuipers. He made the 'Linda' and 'Louisa'. And he also developed the stand so the pitchers can hang nicely.

Greetings Rick

Some info on them here:

linda

louisa

Some info on them here:

linda

louisa

That is correct. Toon Kuiper doesn't make much crosses himself. Toon has a Bromelia nursery 15 minutes driving from Aalsmeer and produces for the wholesale market.

He also mass produceses some (like 10 or so) Nepenthes species for the garden centre market and those originate often from Matthew Soper.

If you have been to the latest ICPS in Leiden you have seen his plants hanging from the stairs to the canopywalk (he was very kind to Carnivora :thumbsup: )

Good quality, very reasonably prices in most case (of course Toon has no controle over the care and pricing the garden centre subjects plant and consumer too). Only minus: he is one of those people responsible for the large number of ventrata plants sold in gardencentres with a label alata. (and of course that he only sells wholesale).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm all for a greater variety of Neps to be found in garden centres but I find these two hybrids really uninspiring. Sorry to be so negative but if you are going to go to the time and effort of mass producing a plant at least make it something with a bit of wow! Anyway I hope they are really easy growers and give their owners hours of enjoyment.

Regards Neil

• Like 1