some Drosera

Dear all,

I did not post a lot recently and also did not get around to take many pictures. However, at least some are good enough to show them here.

The last pictures I posted were some white flowered D. cistiflora. Now I have to other colour forms of this beautiful species for you.

I will start with the Niewoudtville form. This is the flower bud I already posted some time ago:

D_cistiflora_Nieuwoudt1.jpg

The flower itself is mauve:

D_cistiflora_Nieuwoudt2.jpg

somewhat closer

D_cistiflora_Nieuwoudt3.jpg

I guess the plants will become larger next season. This year, they may not even reach 20 cm.

D_cistiflora_Nieuwoudt4.jpg

It was a single flower this year and I failed to pollinate that one. Nevertheless, I hope for more flowers next year!

The second D. cistiflora today came from Gert Hogenstrijd some years back.

D_cistiflora_GH1.jpg

D_cistiflora_GH2.jpg

And some flower buds of the same clone:

D_cistiflora_GH3.jpg

Some tuberous Drosera also showed their beautiful flower. One of those is D. microphylla var. macropetala:

D_microphylla_macropetala_flower1.jpg

D_microphylla_macropetala_flower2.jpg

Thanks to the pollen send by jp I was able to pollinate all these flowers :-)

however, the tuberous drosera flowering season will be ending soon. Meanwhile, some other australian drosera start to develop to their full beauty. Today I have pictures of the D. helodes x pulchella cross I came up with a few years back. In the middle you will see the plant grown from seeds with the second generation surrounding it. By now, the third generation of this hybrid is growing in the few remaining spaces in that pot.

Drosera_helodesxpulchella_plant5.jpg

This hybrid is quite generous with flowers. Unfortunately, the flowers are relatively small, but there will be lots of them:

Drosera_helodesxpulchella_plant6.jpg

Another interesting hybrid is D. lasiantha x omissa. So far, not flower buds this season but they usually flower later in the season (as many omissa hybrids do).

Drosera_lasiantha_x_omissa1.jpg

Drosera_lasiantha_x_omissa2.jpg

Finally, one of the parent species: D. lasiantha

D_lasiantha1.jpg

I hope you like them

cheers

Dieter

• Like 1