Nepenthes name?

Madball

Hi all ive bought a nice Nepenthes today for only €5,95 I couldn't leave it in the flower shop :rolleyes: On the card it said:

"Nepenthes Louisa" but it's probably not right. Now here's a picture of it the spots are more and more red on the inside made it quickly with my iphone so the colors aren't that great hope you guys can help me!

fotonep.jpg

Greetings Rick / Madball

I'm not brilliant at IDing plants, but I think it might be Nepenthes Louisa. If I may direct your attention to the plant on sale at Hampshire CPs, they look fairly similar: http://www.hantsflytrap.com/nmc817-nepenthers-cv-louisa-406-p.asp

But then again, what do I know? :biggrin:

I'm not brilliant at IDing plants, but I think it might be Nepenthes Louisa. If I may direct your attention to the plant on sale at Hampshire CPs, they look fairly similar: http://www.hantsflytrap.com/nmc817-nepenthers-cv-louisa-406-p.asp

But then again, what do I know? :biggrin:

Yea looks really the same just didnt think it would be the correct name because it isn't mostly in garden centres n flower shops but it's good to see i got it so cheap compared to the website there :whistling:

Hi Madball,

This Nepenthes is indeed N. Louisa.

This plant is coming from a dutch Bromelia + Nepenthes grower Toon Kuipers. He also grows the N. Miranda and N. Rebecca Soper.

Last October I met this grower at a large flower and plantshow in Amsterdam where many commerciel growers showed their products.

website; www.toonkuipers.nl

Take care,

Wouter

• 5 years later...