Stephen Morley (gardenofeden) open day 7th July

gardenofeden

This is part of the Carnivorous Plant Society events programme. Members open their collections for a day for other members to come and visit, buy & swap plants, swap growing tips and general chit-chat. It is mainly private gardens and greenhouses, not nurseries, but some of the nurseries do this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

After a break of a couple of years (during which I unsuccessfully tried to move house!) I am having an open day this year. smile.png

It is on Saturday 7th July, 12pm till 5pm.

This is primarliy a CPS open day, but all forum members are welcome too!

pleased you are back i enjoy your day From Dave walker Hartlepool

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll try to be there too :smile:

No real point in bringing swapsies (unless for other people), a lot of my plants came from you anyway :Laie_98:

what is your address? I can find no detailed listing anywhere for the cps 2012 events. The events listing on the cps website is for LAST YEAR would ou believe. Cheers.

Hi.

The old website has become practically unuseable, there is however an all new website in the making due out very soon.

There has been posted a full events diary in the open days and events section of this forum.

Other than that you can contact the host of any advertised open day for details.

Regards Ian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One week to go :preved:

Been digging down the sides of the sofa to find money, have now accumulated £1.27p, three washers and a fluffy Werther's Original :banana:

that should get you a few Drosera capensis at least!

Open Day is still go, cannot promise the weather will be any good though! You may need to bring wellies if it is wet as my soil is heavy clay!:rainingsmile:

Sarracenias are looking good, slightly floppy from lack of sun but what can you do.... VFTs are awful most of them have still not recovered fully from using that Westland insecticide last year!

Cephalotus are OK, not very well coloured though, hoping for better colour in the autumn, Eden Black not looking very dark at all yet, but growing well! Perhaps letting them flower and seed profusely last year has affected it, but probably just the crappy summer!

I will have several Eden Black cuttings for sale at my open day, £75 each.

Victoria has promised me some lemon drizzle cake, so there's something to look forward to at least.

See you all then. If anyone still needs directions please message or email me.

that should get you a few Drosera capensis at least!

Well that's the fluffy Werther's Original spent :Laie_98:

There is one plant I am particularly interested in though :cool:

How easy / hard would it be to get to the open day via public transport? Is there a near by bus / train station? I would be coming from Manchester and can get to York City Centre via train.

not the easiest, nearest train station is york, but there are 3 or 4 buses a day to Fangfoss from both Stamford bridge and Pocklington which are the nearest 2 towns, both of which are about 5 miles away, and both of which have regular buses from York. we could arrange to pick you up from either of these locations if you can get a bus from York, Stamford bridge preferred, its only a 10min drive

• Like 1

Thanks Stephen. Very kind of you to offer a lift from the nearest town. I had a look into the buses and getting to Stamford bridge from York train station. It’s as simple as jumping on the number 10 bus outside the station.

As much as I would like to attend the open day I’ve found out I may have to work that day. To ensure I don’t muck anyone about with lifts and such I’ll just say I won’t be attending this time round. Pretty gutted as i was hoping to 'see how its done'. Sure i could have learned a lot being a newbie.

Edited by 0rmus

forecast WET! :rainingsmile:

I will empty the garage so at least there will be somewhere dry to shelter....parts of the garden may be too wet to access,

please can people park in St Martin's Close if possible, there are only 3 or 4 spaces down my lane and they fill up quickly.

see you soon

Stephen

UPDATE

VERY, VERY, VERY WET!!!!

waterproofs, wellies and umbrellas job I'm afraid! waterproof footwear essential.

most of the garden is under water, about 2inches deep, greenhouse only about an inch deep. Will pump out as much as I can...

will have plenty of hot drinks available