Easy Utricularia from section Orchioides

Deadly Weapon

@mobile: cork bark + aquarium filter sponges cut up into cubes + sheet moss + loofah to tie it all together.

i figured the sponges would be an excellent media since they are resistant to degradation and compaction. i also specifically chose a filter that had a relatively large but fine cell size to avoid similar complications that happen from using epiweb. the sponge media i use is not too different from this: http://www.fishtankp...kpet_sponge.jpg

the sponge media is also capable of holding small amounts of water which would prevent the plant from being dessicated, and excessive water just drips off to prevent rot. xaxim holds either too little water or too much water in my grow area, with very little consistency making it unfavorable for me to use as a growing medium.

Edited by amphirion

@mobile: cork bark + aquarium filter sponges cut up into cubes + sheet moss + loofah to tie it all together.

i figured the sponges would be an excellent media since they are resistant to degradation and compaction. i also specifically chose a filter that had a relatively large but fine cell size to avoid similar complications that happen from using epiweb. the sponge media i use is not too different from this: http://www.fishtankp...kpet_sponge.jpg

the sponge media is also capable of holding small amounts of water which would prevent the plant from being dessicated, and excessive water just drips off to prevent rot. xaxim holds either too little water or too much water in my grow area, with very little consistency making it unfavorable for me to use as a growing medium.

hmmm... interesting. Any chance of an overall picture so I could try to figure it out?