Eden Black Seedlings

cephmad!

hi yes they live together in the same tray on my kitchen window cil, its south facing so they get the sun most of the day in equal amounts. I only took them outside to take the photos.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wo, cephmad your seedlings are growing at an unbelievable rate.

Great pitchers!

Has been a while since my last update my EB seedlings,

after 2years since planting from seeds. I can finally see some mature pitchers coming out.

P1080524_zpsf2cc9461.jpg

P1080526_zps8fef911c.jpg

P1080525_zps7fd1568c.jpg

P1080515_zpsdd2b0bd5.jpg

Judging from observation, ceph seems to grow faster and bigger at lower light level, but less colouration.

hi corky! yes taken end of july.. I took some earlier but they all slowy turned brown and died :( I tried floating these ones in water after reading that thread about the method so tried it til they rooted then potted them up and its worked much better. they seem to be doing very well. all these are from my biggest plant not tried any from the other good one yet as it doesn't produce many leaves but il be trying soon! ;)

Edited by cephmad!
  • Like 1

That is amazing growth compared to any i have ever taken,will be good to see what the experienced growers think,if i were you i would be thinking of a cool name :good2:was the container covered and on the windowsill with the other plants

Edited by corky
  • Like 1

I kept it covered for a couple months to keep humidity up then removed the lid when I noticed some growth, its a plastic container that fresh soups come in from the supermarket so the lid fits tight and stops any drying out. when I took the lid off I put a few holes near the bottom and placed it on the window cil with my other plants standing in some water. until then I had it on top of one of my fish tanks near a window but doesn't get much direct sun for most the day, the heat from the tank helped too maybe. For my own records iv been calling the largest green plant "Coxon's Rocket" and the slightly smaller red/darker clone "Red Rocket". Red Rocket is due a re-pot soon so il update with new photo's and hopefully grab a few pullings from it in the process :)

I kept it covered for a couple months to keep humidity up then removed the lid when I noticed some growth, its a plastic container that fresh soups come in from the supermarket so the lid fits tight and stops any drying out. when I took the lid off I put a few holes near the bottom and placed it on the window cil with my other plants standing in some water. until then I had it on top of one of my fish tanks near a window but doesn't get much direct sun for most the day, the heat from the tank helped too maybe. For my own records iv been calling the largest green plant "Coxon's Rocket" and the slightly smaller red/darker clone "Red Rocket". Red Rocket is due a re-pot soon so il update with new photo's and hopefully grab a few pullings from it in the process :)

Careful! now you've put names to them someone on Ebay will proabably start selling fakes at hyperinflated prices :wink:

so far theres only me has them, and not sold or swapped any cuttings yet so they would struggle ;)

I'm sure that minor detail won't stop the scammers :D
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...