Eden Black Seedlings

cephmad!

no b/s here, they we're sown in summer 2011 so approaching 2 years old now.... not 1 year.

Wow! thats pretty sweet then.. I hope to get something like that. As of now I have Hummer,s Giant,Big Boy,Germen Giant. and Eb x Eb. By the way what is your secert? I Plan to root feed with a real dilute orchid fertilizer through the roots When they start produing good sized pictures.

It is a bit encouraging that the Eden Black-selfed seed have shown such nice color in vitro, especially given the dim lighting usually seen in grow rooms . . .

Cephalotus follicularis "Eden Black x Self" 14 February

EB-B2013_zps8d59b415.jpg

EB2013_zps1868cdb5.jpg

Wow! the color is sweet what medium and agar do you use m.s. i want to do this also with some v.f.t. Edited by bodaciousbonsai

Wow! thats pretty sweet then.. I hope to get something like that. As of now I have Hummer,s Giant,Big Boy,Germen Giant. and Eb x Eb. By the way what is your secert? I Plan to root feed with a real dilute orchid fertilizer through the roots When they start produing good sized pictures.

Wow! the color is sweet what medium and agar do you use m.s. i want to do this also with some v.f.t.

going to need a good laminar flow hood also. I was going to go through fungi perfecti for that. just build the sides with 1/4" lexan. do you use a flow hood?

Hey bod, my secrets just good old fashioned luck I think mate, I'm pretty new to cephs and think iv hit lucky with my seedlings. I haven't used any fertilisers at all and they eat what they catch for the most part, my window cil is south facing and they seem to enjoy it there, my medium was a ceph mix I bought on eBay.

hey awp!

hmm yeah yours are looking good mate, promising colour. i would definatley pot them into seperate pots and see what happens, thats when mine really took off. mine tended to show more purple colour when smaller giving me hope they would be black but as they have grown this seems to reversed, hopefully yours continue to darken! are yours kept under lights or on a window cil/green house?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

i recently sold some of my clones and made some space in my window cil trays so decided to do the repot on plant 2 after work tonight, iv repotted it into a much bigger 15cm x 15cm x 15cm pot and managed to get 3 leaf pullings in the process, fingers crossed some of them strike! i was thinking about taking some root cuttings during the process but no thicker roots were visible and i didnt want to disturb them digging around looking for some so i left it. here are some photos of the plant after repot.

Plant 2 Repot:

ceph2repot3.jpg

Photo 2:

ceph2repot2.jpg

Photo 3:

ceph2repot.jpg

• 4 months later...

new update coming soon guys, all plants still doing well! and iv just bought a new camera so expect better photos! :) btw 2 leaf pullings failed, one is still going ok (still green but showing no signs of growth so far) iv pulled 4 more leaves and im now trying to root them floating in water as I don't seem to be getting much joy the traditional way...

Edited by cephmad!

crazy the difference in size,shame the leaf cuttings are not doing better,i had great results with pitcher cuttings,100 % with 4 pitchers ,am sure you will hate lopping off pitchers,but you should do it in my opinion,you got to see if the resulting offspring grow as quick and nice ,

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...