Seedlings evolution

Tuuagso

• 1 month later...

They are awesome =D how long did they take to germinate?? also do you have any advice, i planted some Ceph seeds about a week or so ago any tips to help me get the best germination results?? im keeping them in a heated propagator =)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seed grown Cephalotus are excruciatingly slow, until they develop adult pitchers.

I totally agree with what you said, because I have a friend in Brazil who sowed seeds of this plant in January 2012 and they were only germinate in September of the same year :shock: . From then until reaching adulthood, i think it will take somewhere around 3/4 years :thumbsdown: .

Let there be patience :2095: .

Best regards

Rodrigo

Seed grown Cephalotus are excruciatingly slow, until they develop adult pitchers.

I have seed grown Cephs seedlings which grow extremely fast. The reason for this is selected parents.

But on the other hand I have 2 batches Cephs seedlings from the wild seeds and they grow painfuly slow.

Another batch Cephs seedlings again from the wild seeds but from different area in Oz grow also relatively fast.

So, it's very relatively to say - is it slow or fast they grow according to my experience. Matter of experiment is for now under different conditions and potting mix...