Sign in to follow this  
Tuuagso

Seedlings evolution

I just wanted to show you how much grew my Cephalotus from seeds in just one year :thumbsup:

January-February 2011

germen3.jpg

raiz.jpg

maceta.jpg

tresj.jpg

pequeas.jpg

germen1.jpg

germen2.jpg

June 2011

dsc01225vz.jpg

dsc01227id.jpg

dsc01228k.jpg

dsc01231iw.jpg

And today January 2012

dsc02373copia.jpg

dsc02376copia.jpg

dsc02376copia2.jpg

dsc02374copia.jpg

dsc02376os.jpg

Hope you like it :biggrin:

Amazing growth!

I like that rogue Sarracenia seedling hiding in there :D

They are awesome =D how long did they take to germinate?? also do you have any advice, i planted some Ceph seeds about a week or so ago any tips to help me get the best germination results?? im keeping them in a heated propagator =)

what do you mean slowly, that's fast for a Cephalotus!:sun_bespectacled:

Ahah ok ok, i'm new grower of cephalotus and i have to get used to its slow :)

The Drosera seedlings make them look even smaller than they are. :wink: Nice plants, good luck getting them to adulthood!

11 months after the last picture, finally I see a mature pitcher, tiny, but mature.

December 20th 2012

20584_544399005571813_1772406365_n.jpg

I hope next year I see adult plants.

• Like 1

thats excatly what mine look like.. cool no need to load a picture then :laugh2:

Great photos! :dance4: Hopefully their lives wont end up like 3/4 of my cephs (cephalotus sudden death syndrome) :--(

Edited by snowwy

Seed grown Cephalotus are excruciatingly slow, until they develop adult pitchers.

Seed grown Cephalotus are excruciatingly slow, until they develop adult pitchers.

I totally agree with what you said, because I have a friend in Brazil who sowed seeds of this plant in January 2012 and they were only germinate in September of the same year :shock: . From then until reaching adulthood, i think it will take somewhere around 3/4 years :thumbsdown: .

Let there be patience :2095: .

Best regards

Rodrigo

Bang on there mobile !

There's been absolutely no change in my seedlings in last 3 weeks, in most plants this would be where they'd be taking off.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that there's one of those freaky fast growing plants amongst them !

I have seed grown Cephs seedlings which grow extremely fast. The reason for this is selected parents.

But on the other hand I have 2 batches Cephs seedlings from the wild seeds and they grow painfuly slow.

Another batch Cephs seedlings again from the wild seeds but from different area in Oz grow also relatively fast.

So, it's very relatively to say - is it slow or fast they grow according to my experience. Matter of experiment is for now under different conditions and potting mix...