Hello there from Hungary

schruz

Hello everyone, I'm Andras Tundik from Hungary. I'm 23 years old. I'm really glad I found this nice UK forum :)

I'm completely new to carnivorous plants, all I know about them is what I have found through the internet since Christmas, so I'm welcoming any info that you guys think appropriate.

I'm actually not at all new to plants. I am into planted aquariums and aquascaping, and also emersed aquascaping which is basically aquatic plants grown not under, but above water in wet conditions. I'm aware that CP's have quite different needs, yet I think its still an adventage and I perhaps won't start from 0 but lets say 1 :)

Here is a link to a video of the Nature Aquarium Gallery in Niigata, Japan and a link to what I do:

My works

And this is the link to my first 'journal' on these forums of my first CP 'terrarium'. It currently just contains my questions, but soon I hope to fill it with a lot of pics of my healthy plants (once I actually get them :D)

Other than a plant nut, I'm a drummer and songwriter, my life is music. I'm also a freelance graphic designer. On top of these unfortunately I'm finishing the last semester of my BA in Sociology. I really don't like this branch of social science but if I started I'll finish...

Well, thats all I can think of atm, I'm looking forward to learning and exchanging thoughts with everyone here!

Welcome, and may I say that your tanks are absolutely incredible! Then again, how do you manage juggle all of those interests!? :biggrin:

Thanks mate, I'm glad you like them.

Hehe :), to be quite honest, I'm having trouble with managing my interests. I lose a lot of time from one when I deal with the other, but I just can't give up any of them now. Maybe a little later.

üdv a csapatban! :)

Na! Gondoltam, hogy lesznek magyarok is a fórumon :) Nagyon örvendek, remélem nem veszed zokon ha privátban majd hamarosan felkereslek :oops:

Hi Andras and welcome to CPUK :smile:

Some very nice aquaria over there! BTW - maybe not new to you, but there are some Utricularia that make fantastic plants for aquaria - e.g. U. graminifolia...

Thanks mate! I've known about U. graminifolia yes. Did know about other aquatic Utricularias too like U. gibba, but unfortunately those are not too sightly for an aquascape, though it must be great to own and keep them separately. And actually we've been talking about graminifolia it in the thread for my to be realized terrarium which I linked :)

I'm currently planning an aquascape with UG actually.

Edited by schruz