Utricularia paulineae

MFS

Happy New Year everyone!

My Utricularia paulineae (thanks Sean!) decided to give me an awesome New Year's present and threw up a couple of flowers and a few developing new ones. So here it is to brighten your New Year's Eve.

959paulineae_001_tn.jpg

Enjoy!!!

• Like 1

Hello

Nice picture and plant but sorry for me it looks much more like U.uniflora than like U.paulineae.

Regards Alexander

The plant pictured in definitely U. paulineae and originates from Walpole.

The plant pictured in definitely U. paulineae and originates from Walpole.

Hello Sean

Why can you be so sure?

This one from Walpole on the picture from Christian Dietz looks quite different and for me more like a real U.paulineae.

1paulineae.JPG

But when you are sure it´s ok for me.Thank you for replying.

Sorry and regards Alexander

PS: Cristian sorry for hitchhicking your picture. :flag_of_truce:

Edited by fischermans

Easy: There is a central yellow palate ridge, which extends slightly beyond the limit of the surrounding ones. Utricularia uniflora, in contrast, has two parallel yellow ridges, terminating at the same level as the surrounding white or purple ones. In addition, the upper corolla lip in U. uniflora is usually emarginate, rather than broadly ovate, and about half the width:length of U. paulineae. I also noticed the floral bracts are narrowly lanceolate to linear in U. uniflora, and widely lanceolate to narrowly ovate in this one (but you can't see this in the photo).

Here is U. uniflora for comparison:

464Uniflora_cover_1_of_1__tn.jpg

Hello Sean

Why can you be so sure?

This one from Walpole on the picture from Christian Dietz looks quite different and for me more like a real U.paulineae.

Easy: There is a central yellow palate ridge, which extends slightly beyond the limit of the surrounding ones. Utricularia uniflora, in contrast, has two parallel yellow ridges, terminating at the same level as the surrounding white or purple ones. In addition, the upper corolla lip in U. uniflora is usually emarginate, rather than broadly ovate, and about half the width:length of U. paulineae. I also noticed the floral bracts are narrowly lanceolate to linear in U. uniflora, and widely lanceolate to narrowly ovate in this one (but you can't see this in the photo).

Here is U. uniflora for comparison:

464Uniflora_cover_1_of_1__tn.jpg

Hello

Thank you for the explanation.

Regards Alexander

• Like 1

Hi, Miguel - really great photo! This is very nice species - congratulations on flowers!

P.S.: And aah yes - it's fine to see another pentax-guy around :sun_bespectacled:

Edited by Miloslav Macháček