Half doubt Knudson and M & S.

Visen

Hey guys! I've been reading a lot about the tc and thought I had all clear until I started to see that there is a medium called Knudson c. From what I read, recommend it for cultivation nepenthes and helis. The problem is that Europe can not find this medium and I had to buy MS. Would there be any problem in using MS to 1 / 4?

a greeting

Edited by Visen

Hello sativ.

So, to lowland 1 / 3 and for highland 1 / 4 would be good? I recently purchased MS greenspot.pl. On this page there are interesting things such as activated carbon and bap,who bought it and now I regret it ...

a greeting

If You need to buy Knudson C now- You can try at Duchefa and other TC chemicals distributors, mayby sigma aldrich also have it in offer. It is used for orchids seeds germination (oryginal 1946 formula), it doesn't have ANY iron and vitamins inside, so should be supplemented with MS vitamins, iron, and microelements before use. There is also Morel modification of KC medium- richer one version, containing also NH4+ ions- more widespread in offers, but not especially good to nepenthes ;)

But- Morrel modification ALSO should be supplemented with vitamins and microelements, depending on source- it can have iron already inside, or not.

We use 1/3 MS as a "gold standard"- everything grows well on it. 1/4MS starts to be too poor in phosphorus, 1/2 MS have too high NH4 concentration, and is reccomeneded only to "true" lowlanders.

If You want to try with Knudson C- not important what version- we can prepare it at greenspot.pl for order, but there will be 2 stock solutions to mix [due to suphlates and phosphorates precipitation in single one 10,0 stock]

Greetings

Witek

For now I'll start with the solution of MS. I will begin 1 / 3 lowland and highland for depending on the results and advice. Advise me to add Bap and coal to grow nepenthes or not worth being my first tc?

Thank you very much everyone, you have helped me a lot.