Sign in to follow this  
carniben

Help for my Drosera hilaris

Hello,

I have two Droseras hilaris in an order but I don't know what type of substrat, and what type of temperatures, the culture ... because I can't find any informations in internet.

Thank you very much

Benjamin

Hi,

D. hilaris is South African species with summer rest during hot summer months. Mine is ok in peat sand mix (about 1:1), during growth standing in water, during resting only damp soil. High pot is recommended, i use 7x7x14 cm. Some sort of lighting is very useful during winter. I keep my plants in a greenhouse from spring to autumn and during winter in the cellar under artificial lights, highest temps around 30°C during hot summer days, during winter (10-)15°C in the cellar.

Good luck with this beautiful plant :smile:

Adam

ok thank you very much adam for this informations, I hope it will grow well ! I will put it in my flat next to the windows, during the winter, like that it will be beetwen 20/15 I think, do you this it is enought cold ?

Drosera hilaris likes it cold.It grows fairly easy.When its cold!Live sphagnum or 2 parts peat to 1 part nursery sand works well.In nature when the ground thaws Hilaris becomes active.If foggy locations Hilaris prospers.Seed stratify cold or by leaf and root cuttings.Sean