Heeeeelp...... I just received GA3 for Byblis hybrid seeds....

jimscott

hi

they say the amount the scoop holds is on the packet. then they give a chart for each scoop capacity

the FAQ says 100 - 250ppm to germinate seeds

the average amount the scoop holds looks like 0.92g so i will use that as an demo

there is a chart for a scoop that holds 0.92g

if you decide you want 550g of final product at 100ppm you need to find the 0.92 graam chart, then get to the 100ppm column. drop down until you get to the 0.55l (18.6oz) line then back left to the amount of scoops.

3 scoops into 0.55l or 18.6oz

hope this is clear and hope im right

scott

Edited by SCOTT78

I couldn't find where it says 100-250 ppm in the FAQ. I missed it somehow. The consensus among other hobbyists that the 0.0076 grams should be used. If I could be sure that 0.0076 and 100-250 ppm were correct, I could come up with a workable solution. 1 scoop at 100 ppm is 5.05 ounces. 1 scoop at 250 ppm is 2.03 ounces. There's just too much uncertainty as to grams and ppms to make a definitive solution.

In light of the fact that the guidance I have been receiving has varied from as little as 10 ppm concentration of GA3 to 1000 ppm, I decided to go with what will be ~500 ppm. I weighed out ~0.125 grams of GA3 and mixed it with purified water. I sonicated it get it into solution and tomorrow I will attempt a soak for what turned out to be B. guehoi, B. filolia, and B. liniflora. Warren also sent some D. trinervia seeds. FWIW, I weighed the scoop on the balance and 0.07451 grams, as opposed to the 0.076 from the chart.

• 2 weeks later...