Carnivore plants to see-through orchid pot

Hi!

I have few of those Orchid pots, and my question is, can i grow cp`s on those pots? My plan was to put Pinguiculas for those. Information is welcome? If this kind of growing, i mean those see-through pots is hard/wrong, please send message? I dont want to kill my plants :moderator::D .

I've had Sarracenia purpurea and Drosera capensis growing in whitish partly transparent orchid pots for about 18 months. The plants are doing fine as far as I can tell. There's some green on the inner surface of the pots, but if you don't have anything else, they work OK.

The reason that transparent pots are used for orchids such as Phalenopsis is because their roots can photosynthesise - that's why they go green when exposed to light. Phalenopsis are epiphytes, so have developed to have their roots exposed to light. Putting terrestrial plants in these pots could encourage sub-soil shoot growth which grow towards the light. In the case of Utricularia the inner circumference exposed to the light will eventually produce leaves (stolons) rather than bladders.