2011 Nepenthes in vitro . . .

great to see N. macrophylla invitro. I wonder if you can coax it to produce multiple shoots in multiplication media after it germinates?

Nice!!!

Where do you found in vitro material???

Thanks

By in vitro, I am referring to growing the plants -- seeds -- aseptically in tissue culture media; and the materials for TC are now found worldwide . . .

Looking good. Have you any info on the sp. A?

Cheers

Andy

Simply an "unnamed highland Bornean species," for the time being, is what I have been told . . .

Edited by loligo1964
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a shot from this morning of a culture shown earlier in this thread. They are seed from Nepenthes macrophylla, "flasked" on 9 September; and they currently seem to be enjoying themselves in 1:4 MS with 1 ml/L BAP.

Nepenthes macrophylla -- 14 November

MAC2011.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Here is an update on one of the highland Nepenthes species illustrated at the beginning of this post; and I am still getting new germination almost six months out. The most successful seeds to date were kept under highland conditions from the very start: relatively warm days (as high as 24˚ C) and cold nights (as low as 10˚ C) . . .

Nepenthes sp. 15 February 2012

NEPSSPX.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here are a couple of shots of a particularly stubborn Nepenthes species -- finally beginning to multiply in vitro, after a succession of both media and plant growth regulators -- including 6-BAP and, finally, TDZ (a cotton defoliant of all things):

Nepenthes edwardsiana (Tambuyukon) 6 March

EDDIE2_zpsb7e766af.jpg

EDDIE-2_zps85d5436e.jpg

Edited by loligo1964
  • Like 2
  • 2 years later...

hi there, hopefully you have some great plants from this!

I'm interested in trying this myself, and I am curious as to how you succefully managed to avoid any infections or fungus. I saw someone recommending plant preventative mixture, and others using either a dilute bleach or hydrogen peroxide mix.

Are there any other pitfalls to look out for in your experience?

Thanks

Les