october pictures

Hi!

We have had some pretty weather for last few weeks. The cool temps at night and plenty of sun and warm days really made my sundews happy (especially the south americans). here I took some shots today,,hope you like them :-)

drosera graomogolensis (definitely one of the most elegant and beautiful for me). The sun made her colour up nicely and will be flowering for me for the first time!

DSCF0033-2.jpg

drosera ascendens "red hairy form"

DSCF0055-3.jpg

drosera ascendens 'Palmeira' with interesting shape of the leaves

DSCF0031-1.jpg

drosera hirtella/lutescens (a.k.a. veeeeeery slow grower:-) )

DSCF0040-2.jpg

drosera graminifolia - it is hard to take a good picture of her because of the complicated focis- she is all over the place :-)

DSCF0036-2.jpg

drosera montana var. schwackei - a newcomer to my collection, seems she likes the conditions so far

DSCF00022-2.jpg

drosera brevifolia 'Balsa Nova, Parana'

DSCF0015-11.jpg

drosera capillaris 'Colombia'

DSCF0020-5.jpg

drosera ramentacea - just adjusting her to sun slowly,,still pale, hopefully will colour up a bit later

DSCF0032-2.jpg

drosera hilaris 'Stellenbosch'

DSCF0011-10.jpg

drosera slackii x capensis (I think when it comes to speed of growth she took more after d. slackii and is not as easy as I thought she would be as well)

DSCF0018-10.jpg

drosera trinervia

DSCF0012-9.jpg

drosera adelae, drosera peltata and heliamphora minor

DSCF0028-3.jpg

drosera anglica 'Hawaii'

DSCF0023-5.jpg

drosera spatulata var. bakoensis - the smallest pygmy spatulata, very cute

DSCF0046-1.jpg

drosera spatulata var. lovellae

DSCF0022-3.jpg

drosera capensis "Albino form"

DSCF0047-4.jpg

drosera schizandra

DSCF0002-23.jpg

drosera prolifera

DSCF0008-18.jpg

drosera neocaledonica

DSCF0010-11.jpg

Edited by dudo klasovity

Hi Dusan,

very nice looking plants, i like the D. colombiana as well.

If you want to receive seed of these D. graomogolensis flowers you should pollinate them.

You are absolutely right about plants from the D. hirtella complex, they are really slow growers.

BTW, so far as i know the location name is ´Balsa Nova´, not 'Bolsa Nova´.

Best regards,

Dani

Thank you for kind comments!

@Dani: thank you for pointing out the typo, I corrected it. I will definitely hand-polinate the flowers of d. graomogolensis to get quality seeds. Thanks for the tip.

@Deadly weapon: d. neocaledonica best open air environment, several hours of direct sun a day , nights ~20C days 24-28C. I use peat/sand (60/40). Hope you find it helpful :-)

Thanx , Carlos!

Yes, the that is the full locality designation for that particular plant. I think Iggy send me the seeds (thanks :blush: ). Sometimes I dont list the full name of the locality when posting pics. I just went through some of your pics and your collection is amazing (in both diversity and quality) !

Edited by dudo klasovity