Utricularia's in flower

Hi guys

Inspired by some of the other pics on the forum, I thought I'd have a crack at taking some nice pics of a few of my location native Utrics and other rare Utrics that I'm growing that are currently in flower.

Cheers

Steve

gallery_908_431_35707.jpg

U. aff dichotoma "Grampians, Vic"

A difficult highland clone to grow, unique in it's pale colouration.

gallery_908_431_26022.jpg

U. aff dichotoma "Grampians, Vic"

gallery_908_431_3927.jpg

U. dichotoma Cranbourne, VIC. Clone 1

gallery_908_431_2808.jpg

U. dichotoma Cranbourne, VIC. Clone 2

gallery_908_431_24724.jpg

U. shultesii "Venezuela"

This flower is only about 6-7mm in size and quite difficult to photograph.

gallery_908_431_18764.jpg

U. warburgii "China"

gallery_908_431_10935.jpg

U. warburgii "China"

Hello,

This mysterious "U. cf. schultesii", which lost its "cf." somehow on the way to down under, turned out to be one of the several high altitude forms of U. amethystina, as clearly evident from the fused bract and bracteoles. Certainly several of them, which were all lumped into U. amethystina by Peter Taylor, should be treated as separate species (again), and this one matches Steyermark's U. tepuiana.

All the best,

Andreas

Very nice Steve!

Didn't know that U. schultesii (or whatever it will be called) is in cultivation.

Not sure how taxonomically valuable, but I find this inflated balloon with its distinctive markings surpringly similar to what we found on Amuri tepui at about 2000m asl - and what Andreas identified as schultesii :wink:

schultesii2.jpg

and again your plant:

gallery_908_431_24724.jpg

Congrats to your cultivation success

Martin

Thanks for the compliments guys

Darren in Tassie needs to take some of the credit as he germinated the seed that came from Andreas and grew the plants initially.

I received a small plant off him last December which has then proceeded to flower for me over the last couple of months.

Martin, this is the same plant that you found on Amuri Tepui. I checked the label last night and it does say Amuri Tepui, I just couldn't remember the exact location when I posted the pics.

Fernando and Andreas, thanks for clearing up the name. I'll change it to U. amethystina for now and will pass that info onto Darren, as I think we're the only 2 people in Aus that are growing it.

If you guys could keep me updated on the name, that would be great.

Cheers

Steve