My Utric topic

Oleksii

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again!

There is really one orchid. When I saw it photo first time, I decided to obtain it just when it be possible.

gallery_5950_499_129689.jpg

But this not main topic of this post.

I want to tell about my growing of nelumbifolia and humboldtii in water.

humboldtii 25 May - 7 June

gallery_5950_499_69651.jpg

nelumbifolia

gallery_5950_499_14239.jpg

In case of humboldtii there progress ( perhaps due to size of plant), nelumbifolia looks growing too, but slowly.

The jars are standing between two CFL, but I read that it can be not good. Maybe need they less light in water (when they grow in water-filled leaf axils, they don't have big amount off it)? In future i will pot then more traditionally — in sphagnum.

But if anybody have suggestions to this, I'll be very glad.

And one more. I noticed that nelumbifolia have some strange dark-purple "thisngs". What can it be?

gallery_5950_499_72804.jpg

Thanks!

Oleksii

Edited by Oleksii

And one more. I noticed that nelumbifolia have some strange dark-purple "thisngs". What can it be?

It looks like bladders :smile: This is detail of bladder of one of mine utric : http://slavek-m.rajce.idnes.cz/Masozravky_-_sbirka_Carnivorous_plants_collection/#PTX_6824_Utricularia_novae-zelandiae.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again!

Yep, that purple things are traps. One mystery is solved :)

I didn't expect that my blanchetii would flower so vigorously. So, it compensate size of the flowers :)

gallery_5950_499_19370.jpg

My nephrophylla also try to bloom. This plant is very persistent. The first flower stalk just dry out. Second was broken, when I was reppoting it. Now there are new three, but it looks that only one will be able to bloom ( I hope)

Edited by Oleksii

Hi!

Please, share your experience of alpina watering. Mine is growing in closed container where is another pot with water, so humidity is high and moss don't dry out. So, have I water this plant regularly, for example once per week or while moss is wet I can do nothing? And what way of watering is preferable: place pot into glass with water for some time or just pour water through pot?

Thanks

Oleksii

Edited by Oleksii

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm-hm. It looks that Utric, which is going to bloom, is not dichotoma. First doubt I got when saw flower stalk - it had other apperiance.

Flower hasn't opened yet, but it very similar with my blanchetii (Chapada Diamantina), only a bit bigger and have some violet color.

Tomorrow will see.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...