Something from my collection

Hello,

i had some time today so i took a few pics of my plants. Hope you will like them :smile:

I start with my Pinguicula stones:

the first lava rock with P. ibarrae, laueana, macrophylla and small crassifolia and mirandae

875ibarrae_macrophylla_la.jpg

the second lava rock with P. medusina, gigantea and emarginata

267moctezumae_gigantea_em.jpg

and the third lava rock, just for P. heterophylla itself

301P._heterophylla.jpg

I use also a piece of an old brick covered by moss, P. hemiepiphytica likes it:

634P._hemiepiphytica.jpg

And i have a "stone" made mostly from plaster of paris for small pings...

135small_pinguicula_speci.jpg

like P. immaculata.

837P._immaculata.jpg

Last ping: P. chuquisacensis/jarmilae, whatever you like. Chuquisacensis is cool, but jarmilae is much easier to write and speak :biggrin: I am still quite surprised, that this plant grows with no problems so far. It even produced 4 stolons which (i hope) will turn into the new plants.

292P._chuquisacensis_jarm.jpg

some stolons are even underground

588P._chuquisacensis_jarm.jpg

Last few plants:

H. pulchella "Akopan" - i love this plant, its slender pitchers are one of my favourite among helis.

986H._pulchella_Akopan.jpg

Drosophyllum is going to flower:

967Drosophyllum.jpg

And two young SA sundews - D. colombiana "CurilĂ­, Colombia" and D. schwackei "Diamantina, MG, Brazil"

894D._colombiana_Curil_.jpg

921D._schwackei.jpg

Good growing

Adam

Thank you both! I am trying the lava rock for the first time this year and so far it looks very nice. I simply make holes by power drill and fill them with mexican ping mix (perlite, sand, crushed lava rock etc). I add some crushed limestone for calcium loving species. Some species like P. emarginata would probably grow also just on rock, but others like P. heterophylla or macrophylla wouldn`t have place for their bulbs.

Excellent collection of Pings. So far I have only grown P.esseriana this way with good success. Have to try it with other species.

In my experience, P.jarmilae is a very easy grower. My plants also produce lots of those stolons that later grow into new rosettes.

Really fab Ping rocks. The problem I encounter is that they tend to fall off, especially once they have been on long enough to divide. Mind you, a lot of that is probably my carelessness; I am always having Pings jumping out of pots when I move them - often due to the old but strong flower stalks getting snagged.

• 3 weeks later...