Sick H.exapendicullata

sativ

Without knowing the condition specifics....

If you're misting it, stop immediately

Increase light intensity, I would also be curious as to the spectral performance of your lighting.... have you got a spectrometer?

Increase airflow (volume not velocity)

Repot with a nice open substrate

Use Trichoderma

HTH's

Av

Edited by av8tor1

Sativ,

From the other thread, you've obviously created a fantastic growroom & while there was a lot of discussion about the new technology induction lights, I must have overlooked the simple day/night room parameters that you are keeping (temps, humidity @ plant level).

Hello

Thank for You replies.

All growng conditions You can find here:

http://lhnn.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=igh&thread=3941

Other heliamphoras are looking good i think- You can see some photos here: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43098

As You can see, lighting above it is quite good- i can borrow PAR photometer and have typical photomerer on place, but light intesity is good- plant is directly under 250W HPS and 2x 200W LVD lights. I'm really glad from this lights, they provide GREAT performance in PAR range, only one disadvantage is that, thay doesn't provided good colouration to heliamphoras, only growth. After adding 250W HPS i have great 3 regions with different light output in my growroom, and can divide plants according to their specific requirements.

Ventilation around plants is really good.

Substrate is very open- pumice:perlite:LFS:sand:peat 1:1:1:0,5:1,5.

This is only one heliamphora with such sympthomes- "spots" are often after changing light to stronger, but i'm afraid that it is fungal infection.

Only one bio-preparate i have is EM-5 and i will use it on all plants again- now i had 5 months brak from it... During using it i dodn't have any infection.

Do You advice using any preparates for mold/funghis?

Greetings

Witek

Personally, I am a big fan of Trichoderma atroviride....

Fungal issues have dropped to near zero since I started a monthly application of it.... but do your own research.

Some heli clones dont seem to like the light near as intense as others. If these clones are exposed to very intense lighting and have water droplets on them... damage similar to what you have may be seen.

HTH's

Av

Edited by av8tor1

I tried the commonly available harzianum strain available here in the states (T. harzianum T-22) but had much better success with Ampacbiotech.com's blend of T. atroviride and T. virens ( I think its T. virens, but would need to verify)

When you apply it dont apply it immediately after fertilizing or applying a B. subtilis product.

Peer reviewed research shows that trichoderma is less aggressive toward phytopathogens in a nutrient rich enviroment. Likewise some strains of B. subtilis have been shown to be antagonistic toward Trichoderma

I like using ampac's "flowable" formula as a monthly drench.... I mix one tsp per gallon of water and drench until it flows out the bottom of the pot. Peer reviewed research has shown the benefits are systemic. Sometimes I also mist the plant with the trichoderma.

I then catch the run off and use that on my less expensive outside plants

peer reviewed link

Peer reviewed link

ampacbiotech.com

Edited by av8tor1

Hello ;)

I got into this subjec more, and it seem to be great stuff. unfortunatelly i cannot find anywhere this T. species in low quantity- minimal was 250g ;| If anybody know source of T.atroviride in Europe i will be glad to hear about it, if not- i will buy T-22 from canna.

Thanks again for help.

Greetings

Witek

Hello

Is that a funghal infection? Did anybody have similar symphomes? Newest pitcher is this "clear" one, but definivelly smaller....

This is my growroom and conditions for plants: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40238

Thanks for help.

post-2121-1312564032.jpg

I have to agree with Av8tor, and that trichoderma is a good preventative from what appears to be a fungal infection. I had an issue similar to that a while back and a good re-potting with the inoculant has worked wonders . . .

I got into this subjec more, and it seem to be great stuff. unfortunatelly i cannot find anywhere this T. species in low quantity- minimal was 250g ;| If anybody know source of T.atroviride in Europe i will be glad to hear about it, if not- i will buy T-22 from canna.

You might want to serach for Advanced Nutrients Pirahna. This is commonly available in UK hydroponic stores and contains several strains of Trichoderma: http://www.advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/products/piranha/piranha_faq_nutrient_facts.php

• 8 months later...

Hello

It seem that it was damage caused by- mostly- heat from HPS lamp.

Possibly funghus had better growth conditions in higher temperatures.

Now i installed HPS cooling what gave 1st sign that something started to be "better" in all of mine heliamphora plants.

I didn't repot it, just lowered watering and decreased soil moisture with incrased overall humidity.

Also- month ago i applied 1st dose of trichoderma T-22 to all of my plants. Very low, to test plants response. It was really good- nothing died ;), so i gave regular concentred dose again week ago.

I run also some tests with placing plants closer to the- cooled- 250W HSP lamp, and definitively i'm moving all heliamphoras closer to it.

Thanks again for help- i will update the topic to let know about next results ;)

Greetings

Witek