Tiny Black Bugs?

Hi guys i would really appreciate some help, Ive just got home and found lots of tiny black bugs on my Venus fly trap, they're so small that the traps cant catch them, i would upload a picture but my camera isn't good enough to pick them up, they look like they have little antennas and round bodies, if anyone knows what they are and what i should do about them i would be grateful for the advice, i have moved the plant away from the rest of my plants so they don't spread in case they are harmful.

Thanks Sarah

I have some small flying black insects on mine, and was going to ask a similar question....

When I had them on my cactus I treated them to a few drops of washing up liquid put into water and sprayed over the plant. This kills off the insects but leaves the eggs untouched, so repeat sprayings over a couple of months finally got rid of them. I also put a thin layer of sand over the compost (about 1/4 inch) which stopped the flies laying fresh eggs.

I was going to ask if the same treatment would work for CP's, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't but will wait until someone with more experience says yes or no ;)

If they move around fairly fast they could be spiders. If they are just stationary they could be black fly a type of aphid. If they are spiders they wont harm your plants but if aphids you should treat with a pesticide.

oki cool thanks, ive just been submerging it in water for the past hour or so which seems to have significantly reduced the amount of bugs on the plant i will keep an eye on it and repeat this i think until i dont see bugs appearing anymore, hopefully it will work ive heard it works for greenfly so thought i would give it a go