ID needed please

NickR

Bought this plant a while back still not sure exactly what it is, I believe it's a hybrid but I'm not sure what of. Any help would be great cheers.

Pitcher.jpg

Pitcher2.jpg

Pitcher3.jpg

It does appear to have purpurea in it, so you can call it a purpurea hybrid.

I did think it might have been a minor x purpurea or something but wasn't sure of it

I can see the resemblance to a catesbaei, if I could see what yours looks like that might help confirm it, cheers :)

Edited by NickR

Fair enough it does look a bit like the catesbaei but not the others

Edited by NickR

ALL you can say for certain, is that it is an unknown purp hybrid. Anything else would be a wild guess and could as easily be wrong as right. Different purp hybrids can look very similar, but equally the same purp hybrids can look very different.

a purp hybrid is all.

Don't think we have many of the Bug series over here.

We do have that particular clone all over the place though. We get a thread about this particular clone every couple of months,

It's an unknown Dutch hybrid, and it's been mooted that it is possibly the result of open pollinated seed in an open bog garden.

Yep I'd go along with that, as I said earlier that's what it seemed like to me I was just asking for advice to make sure

And as we have already said, you will NEVER KNOW FOR SURE - and to lable it as such would be wrong. Just because something 'looks' like something else, doesn't mean it is. It may well have purp and minor in it - but can you be CERTAIN that is all, could the other parent have been a minor hybrid or even a minor x a purp hybrid - NO, know one can be certain.

An unknown hybrid will always be an unknown hybrid.

Haha yeah, I agree too there's a few things it looks like but can't say for definite