S. rubra subspecies ID

bearphant

i'm afraid i've messed up with the labels during repottings on february... Are these names correct?

(i only have these pictures for now, but i'll do more if it's necessary... :blush: )

Sarracenia rubra subsp. alabamensis

srubraal1.jpg

S. rubra subsp. gulfensis

srubragu1.jpg

S. rubra subsp. jonesii

srubrajo1.jpg

Thank you! :happy:

i'm glad to hear that, Stephen :sun_bespectacled: ... i hope you're right!

however, is there a guide or something in internet with all the classification criteria of S. rubra subspecies? I've found (and lost) only a little page with very raw indications (that anyway match somehow with my guesses above)...

however, is there a guide or something in internet with all the classification criteria of S. rubra subspecies? I've found (and lost) only a little page with very raw indications (that anyway match somehow with my guesses above)...

not really, much of the (detailed) rubra history is scattered through scentific papers (mainly published by Schnell) going back nearly a century. Schnell published loads, including very interesting flower studies which are very persuasive. Most recently he published "A photographic primer of variants of Sarracenia rubra Walt." in the CPN Volume 11, 1982 (june) which is not bad, if you are an ICPS member you may have the back catalogue on CD already?

otherwise Schnell's latest book 'Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada' has a good account, or even D'Amato has a not bad comparative photo in his book...