Half cultivated, half wild

I went on an adventure the past week to see wild Darlingtonias, Hortus Botanicus nursery in Fort Bragg, Peter D'Amato's nursery, several growers abodes (Bob Z, Harry T, and Lois O), the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers, and the BACPS summer show and sale. Please enjoy the following pictures I've posted: http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127524

It's about half cultivated plants, half wild Darlingtonia/Ping macroceras/Drosera rotundifolia.

VEry, VERY COOL Pictures Zuzana :thumbsup: That "S.Adrian Slack" looks to me like a S.'Lea Wilkerson'...Just my guess...But thanks for sharing :thanks:

Thanks! I can't believe how well it worked out.. I think it was 75% planning, 25% sheer luck that I managed to visit so many places hahaha. Starting today, I'm flying to Florida and hopping up to North Carolina for a few days so I will have a purely wild plants report in a week on Sarracenia/Dionaea/Drosera/Pinguicula/maybe Utricularia :sun_bespectacled:

My hope is to get together another interesting trip around when there is an ICPS meeting next year, either before or after. I'm not sure where though because it was already hard trying to find at least one person to go with me just inside the US where I know a few people..

• 2 weeks later...

NOW ... "I"-'Think' Everyone ON-The-Site 'Knows' What-It's-Like to-Have R-SPAZ-Attack so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< MAX-Headroom Sensory-Overload!!!

CP's? We have a few things, like S. purpurea, but nothing exotic. I was thinking more along the lines of "doing coffee", as it were, and showing you my version of the 'balcony', which doesn't hold a candle to the real deal. It's a thrill to meet a hobbyist such as yourself. Hey... you can see the callistos you sent me!

Oh, haha you make me sound like I'm important or something :sarcastic_hand:

I might be poking around VT/Montreal over Christmas/New Years.. but Buffalo is quite a ways away. Maybe if you gather up some other people from around there too we can all meet up at the halfway point... say, Utica?

Oh, haha you make me sound like I'm important or something :sarcastic_hand:

Now now, don't joke about that, I firmly believe in what Mr. Rogers said. :thumbsup:

Utica is still quite a hike for me, but Rochester is do-able. I wish I had known, back in 2006, that I could have had the opportunity to visit Adnedarn & Joseph Clemens. I was doing training in Tucson for a week. And then I was flown to California and was in Burbank, where I met the hobbyist called Wickedthistle. That was a treat!

Ok, so I'll be poking around NJ for the last two weeks of July and the first week-ish of August - let me know if you'll be somewhere near, or if maybe I should try to drop by. I'm not sure if I want to spend the weekends in NJ or not because while flying back and forth between San Diego and there would be a serious pain, I would also like to personally water my plants once a week rather than leave it to a sitter..