The son of Eden Black

I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of Stephen Morley's generosity back in 2008 and received 10 seed of selfed Eden Black. All were sown on 28 Sept 2008 and of the ten seed, nine have since germinated and grown well. Each seedling has shown a decent amount of variation but one in particular has stood out from the crowd both in colour and growth rate.

The pitchers are actually a touch darker than they appear in the images due to a little glare from the flash.

DSC_4484.jpg

DSC_4469.jpg

Next to a typically coloured plant in winter.

DSC_4487.jpg

The plant is far from mature yet, the largest pitcher is just over an inch high. Hopefully as the plant grows, the pitchers will get darker.

It is only halfway through winter here now, so the pitchers should continue to darken anyway.

Even though small, the plant has already decided to divide too.

Definitely some good potential here! Thanks Stephen!

Edited by Sean Spence
  • Like 3

Very nice plant! you had better luck with the seeds than me.9 out of 10.

Stephen let me have some late last year. i sowed them in april and so far i have 0 out of 13(unlucky)or what.

ada

erm...no...I only had a small number and I tried to get the genes overseas, not being able to send plants

Shame but good idea to spread the seeds overseas, I just missed out last year bidding on some Eden Black seeds myself.

Stephen haven't seen any pics of eden black lately on the forum do you have any new pics, must be about time for some?

Edited by mattybadboy44

The plant is far from mature yet, the largest pitcher is just over an inch high. Hopefully as the plant grows, the pitchers will get darker.

It is only halfway through winter here now, so the pitchers should continue to darken anyway.

Even though small, the plant has already decided to divide too.

Definitely some good potential here! Thanks Stephen!

This plant even looked impressive when it was much smaller. It looks fantastic now!

WoooW! That little Cephalotus has tons of potential! Very well done Sean Spence. Deffinitely it was a very nice gesture from Stephen to share the seeds.

Sean, did it show potential when it was an immature plant, or did the dark colouration only manifest itself when it became adult?

When I saw it, it was still tiny, but it was darker than the other EB seedlings that Sean had. It has definately got a lot darker since then.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...