Petiolaris Complex ID

-Xeno-

I was hoping some one could help me ID this plant. I've narrowed down possible candidates to petiolaris, dilatato-petiolaris and fulva.

005-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

004-8.jpg

008-2.jpg

Has this one just made its way down from the Darwin area? The location may help with identification.

I think it could be D. petiolaris, it doesn't look like D. fulva to me.

All my D. petiolaris plants have pink flower though. Maybe it's a (natural) hybrid?

Anyway, when it makes some new leaves it should be easier to recognize the species.

Yes this is from Darwin, i must have forgot to put that in the first post :confused:

Jimscott, D. lanata is a possibility actually, I didn't consider it before.

Emiel, I really hope it isn't a natural hybrid, it would be near impossible to accurately ID.

Edited by -Xeno-

Hi,

it's hard to say, the plant doesn't look well.

Based on pictures I would exclude D. dilatato-petiolaris. Can be D. petiolaris but...the hairy centre looks like typically D. fulva. On the other hand - the shape and length of leaves point more to D. petiolaris.....for me it seems like it can be a hybrid.

Jiri, the plants I recieved were dormant/going dormant, but this one was still growing when I recieved it, with any luck it will keep growing without going dormant and I can get some better pictures.

Jimscott, very nice looking plant, thanks for posting the picture. However the petioles look to hairy and the leaf shape is wrong, so lanata is out.

Edited by -Xeno-

• 3 months later...