Some more pics from Mt Roraima

Just like Jonthan I recently returned, with many pictures, from Mt Roraima. I will share some of my pictures overhere.

First some pictures from the Gran Sabana:

Jasper creek

P1070209.jpg

Not far from San Francisco we visited a location near a waterfall with about 8 or 9 species of CP´s

Amongst them this nie Utric: Utricularia hispida "white"

IMG_0475.jpg

The small U. nana (almost without flower stalk)

IMG_0436.jpg

At the same location there were also several different sundews growing: D. felix

IMG_0424.jpg

Close to basecamp the spectulair U.humboldtii (the single flower that I have seen)

IMG_0520.jpg

Close to the U. humboldtiii, I found a nice clump of D. roraimae

IMG_0499.jpg

One of the characteristic plants of Mr Roraima is of course H. nutans (with Kukenan tepui at the background)

IMG_0656.jpg

At the plateau of Mt. Roraima at least three different Genlisea species were growing: G. roraimensis

IMG_0707.jpg

G. repens

IMG_0845.jpg

The third species is a species that is reffered to by Andreas Fleischmann as Genlisea pygmaea "medium"

IMG_0853.jpg

Some Utrics from the plateau:

U. quelchii was very wide spread at the plateau

P1070293.jpg

There were also many small, mainly terristic, Utrics present: A weird U. pubescens

IMG_0771.jpg

Furthermore U. amethistyna was fairly abundant at the plateau. As you can see this is a very variable species, it might very well be that it will be split in different species

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

And a very small form:

IMG_0923.jpg

A field of D. roraimae

IMG_0892.jpg

Some different shots: A scorpion

IMG_0925.jpg

And a "hyeana"

P1070310.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

John

Guest Andreas Eils

Lucky you, you can visit such beautiful places! The U. quelchii spot is breath taking and the field of D. roraimae gorgeous! If you have more, please post them! :clapping: The scorpion is cute and the hyena looks like it has the head of a gorilla... :biggrin:

Regards

Andreas

Guest Andreas Eils

Definitely, Carlos! I´d join you... Perhaps the cheapest way would be a large basket and a million balloons (like in "Up")! :wink:

Andreas