A heliamphora inhabitant

Hi people.

I saw a lot of tree frog eggs in last year in my greenhouse.

After a few weeks of the birth I put the majority of tadpoles in a small pond (no 'big' fish).

In thies season they begin to leave the (very clean rain) water, as in this little guy in my Heliamphora heterodoxa.

110508treefrog1.jpg

110508treefrog6.jpg

110508treefrog5.jpg

Regards.

Carlos.

• Like 2

James: This species breeding in the water aroud the pots, I saw the eggs after this moment and

I heard the croak along the spring.

Miloslav: Frogs in terrarium? A 'frogarium'! I need see this thing.

vraev, Adam, Daniel and dchasselblad74: thank the comments.

Of course I meant a paludarium :smile: and it didnt crossed my mind to use this term :D To breed for example tropical frogs in our climate we need this to keep them alive during ice-cold winters - we do not have such a luck as you have in Brazil - such a shame!

I saw paludariums (realy huge ones even) just with plants (bromelias, orchids and so on) - no animals. Just a beautiful TV!!! But it is great space to keep dart frogs (dendrobates), red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas) and other tropical terrestrial and tree frogs or tropical animals which like high humidity. I want paludarium (the realy huge one of course!!! - better then TV or any furniture) in future, when I'll live apart from parents (mom dislike amphibians and reptiles :D)!!!

EDIT: Of course you can grow some CPs in it, but some small frogs can be eaten :D

For example one CP fellow from Czech Rep. I know personally (Jakub Štěpán) breed some frogs along his neps and some other CPs and plants in his glass case. Here is some pictures and videof from his personal web site (hope he will not disagree I post it here :D):

video

Article and some photos...

Edited by Miloslav Macháček

Hi guys!

Miloslav: My English is very poor and don't understand any word (or letter) in Czech, but I liked the pictures, really fascinating.

In my state exist a lot of species of amphibians, have a foundation for this little animals:

http://www.ra-bugio.org.br/anfibios_pererecas.php

Exist a big number of species in 'campos rupestres' of Santa Catarina State, lives in the same habitat that D. ascendens, D. communis

and other CP highlanders like U. reniformis.

Ah, I have a terrarium in my house, but I have a big Green Iguana named Fred Keller :)

zeeland: Thans for yours information.

Peter: Thanks for yours kind comment. The 'pererecas' (local name for treefrogs) say Thanks! :)

Regards.

• 5 months later...