Sarracenia Flava var burgandy

mattynatureboy44

Hi was hoping that someone could post some pics so I can see what a flava burgandy should look like, I bought one from ebay this year and it has now flowerd and sent up pitchers, I am now unsure to weather it is a burgandy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't confuse 'Burgundy' with "Burgandy" (sic) or "Red Burgundy", 3 different plants.

The first is Adrian Slack's original cultivar, the others look like seed raised red tube plants....

there have been a few "Burgandy" on eBay over the last few months, perhaps it is one of those?

It actually says it was bought from a well known seller (could be you stephen :laugh: ) and it states the original plant cost alot to obtain, so I don't think it was the same auction, but this could still mean anything? and it's not specific, so I will have to see how the plant progresses.

well if it came from PJPlants them it's definitely mis-labelled :sun_bespectacled:

the name being mis-spelt also confusing the issue

post a pic

I have the "Sarracenia flava Var. rubricorpora - Cv. 'Burgundy' ex. J. Ainsworth" from P-J Plants. Is this the same as the A Slack clone? I notice P-J Plants sell another plant called the "A Slack division 1987", so maybe that one is the real Burgundy.

mattybadboy44 I could post a pic so we could compare.

I have the "Sarracenia flava Var. rubricorpora - Cv. 'Burgundy' ex. J. Ainsworth" from P-J Plants. Is this the same as the A Slack clone? I notice P-J Plants sell another plant called the "A Slack division 1987", so maybe that one is the real Burgundy.

mattybadboy44 I could post a pic so we could compare.

yeah, that would be good thanks, post a pic so I can have a look, I will post a pic when I get a chance hopefully tomorrow.

Matt

yeah, that would be good thanks, post a pic so I can have a look, I will post a pic when I get a chance hopefully tomorrow.

Matt

I'll try to get a photo tomorrow as well as I'm re-arranging the greenhouse; that is if I don't get washed away by the rain :rainingsmile:

That is what i was expecting mine to look more like stephen, but as you can see from my pic it doesn't look promising for me either.

Ebay listing I won http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290543794160&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Do you know where I can get the real burgundy?

5695854685_c87c094ac0.jpg

DSCF0250 by mattybadboy44, on Flickr

5695851911_a86dc9889c.jpg

DSCF0249 by mattybadboy44, on Flickr

I have to agree with stephen's pictures,

mine looks exactly the same as his and as already said they should be red long before open...

The seller has sold a few plants recently under the name of Sarracenia Burgandy Form, maybe the plant has been renamed now?

I have to agree with stephen's pictures,

mine looks exactly the same as his and as already said they should be red long before open...

The seller has sold a few plants recently under the name of Sarracenia Burgandy Form, maybe the plant has been renamed now?

don't confuse 'Burgundy' with "Burgandy" (sic) or "Red Burgundy", 3 different plants.

The first is Adrian Slack's original cultivar, the others look like seed raised red tube plants....

plant pictures I have seen of "Burgandy" are obviously NOT cv 'Burgundy'....

watch out for their special offer on "Adriun Slack"!!:biggrin:

Edited by gardenofeden

I don't know if you can change feedback on ebay, I assume if this plant isn't showing the real burgundy traits now it probably won't ever, but I willl give it to the end of the season to see how it turns out, and if it doen't impress by then it can fill a gap in the outside bog. I think I have found the real one at PJ plants the Adrian slack clone, so have emailed them to check availability.

you can leave follow up feedback on eBay, it adds it on the line under your original

:suicide_fool-edit: try a plant from PJ plants if you want, but it was them that messed it all up to start with!

If you want to be sure of a plant buy it in full pitcher, or at least see some photos of mature pitchers

you can leave follow up feedback on eBay, it adds it on the line under your original

:suicide_fool-edit: try a plant from PJ plants if you want, but it was them that messed it all up to start with!

If you want to be sure of a plant buy it in full pitcher, or at least see some photos of mature pitchers

I might try posting on here then, everything I have had from the forum has been really good and looked like it's supposed too so far, but not sure if anyone will have a spare this time in the season. I think you always take a risk buying on ebay sometimes they pay off sometimes not, I will leave follow up feedback for the seller and explain that their listing is misleading.

I will try asking for photo's in future before buying a particular clone or rarer plant, unless I know or trust the seller.