Perlite in South Wales

Mark Long

Hi There

I'm down in South Wales (near Abergavenny to be precise) over Easter visiting the family home and am in the process of building a CP bog garden for my mum who has caught the CP fever.

The only thing I'm short on is perlite and need a few hundred litres, does anyone here know somewhere in South Wales that sells perlite in 100 litre bags or similar size? I've found somewhere but it's way over priced, I usually buy it on the internet but with all the bank holidays I doubt I'll be able to get it delivered before I head back up to Bangor in a week's time.

Cheers, hope everyone's having a lovely weekend in the sunshine,

Mark

p.s Come to think of it I'm going to be in Hereford later on in the week so somewhere around there would be fine as well.

Edited by mlong

• 1 month later...

Hi There

I'm down in South Wales (near Abergavenny to be precise) over Easter visiting the family home and am in the process of building a CP bog garden for my mum who has caught the CP fever.

The only thing I'm short on is perlite and need a few hundred litres, does anyone here know somewhere in South Wales that sells perlite in 100 litre bags or similar size? I've found somewhere but it's way over priced, I usually buy it on the internet but with all the bank holidays I doubt I'll be able to get it delivered before I head back up to Bangor in a week's time.

Mark

p.s Come to think of it I'm going to be in Hereford later on in the week so somewhere around there would be fine as well.

Hi There

Mark

If it's not too late, you could try these people as they sell in 100 L bags : http://www.william-sinclair.co.uk/gardening/products/compost_additives A local stockist might be found on their web site via your post code

(Hope this post works - Dread Machine seems to be playing up - sorry!)

Fran

• 1 month later...

Managed to find someone supplying perlite in 100 l bags just outside of Abergavenny in Nantyderry garden centre, between Llanover and Chain bridge. They also had a few bags of Shamrock as far as I can remember.

The bog has been planted for a few months now and is doing well. The top of the bog is covered with about an inch of just peat and so far the only bits of perlite that have come up are where a few pesky Rooks have been digging for food.