Petflytrap online store?

I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from petflytrap.com in the USA, and if they are good about answering emails? I bought some items that aren't quite in stock yet, asked them when to expect my shipment, and am still waiting on a response..

I had a bad experience with them. I purchased two plants last year, a Sarracenia Rubricorpora and a

Nepenthes Fusca Flared peristome. The Sarracenia was good but the Nepenthes Fusca was in terrible shape.

The leaves had plenty of brown dead spots where it should've been green. I contacted them

the same day I received those plants and amazingly they responded by saying send us photos of the plant.

So I took like three or four photos of the plant and I sent it to them and they have not replied. I sent another one

with those pics and nothing. I sent them three more emails and nothing. At the end I reported them to BBB for bad business

by not replying to any of my emails...I highly do not recommend petflytrap to anyone...

Edited by dchasselblad74

Well, I just got an email back from the shop owner that he's still trying to pin down when Borneo Exotics will ship out the latest shipment and that they keep plants for a little while to acclimate from what the email seemed to say. When I tried to call twice his voicemail was full though. Hopefully everything turns out for the best :biggrin:

Hopefully you'll have a better outcome than what I had with them...Good luck

Edited by dchasselblad74

Well, I just got an email back from the shop owner that he's still trying to pin down when Borneo Exotics will ship out the latest shipment and that they keep plants for a little while to acclimate from what the email seemed to say. When I tried to call twice his voicemail was full though. Hopefully everything turns out for the best :biggrin:

Were you informed that they were waiting for stock to come in when you placed the order?

Were you informed that they were waiting for stock to come in when you placed the order?

Oh yeah, I know that nobody had the plants I was looking to reserve from BE yet, I was just anxious because I hadn't heard an email reply from them or any estimated time of delivery for a while. I hope when they ship next month sometime (I think?) that my plants will be awesome! I always like to give a new shop a try just to make sure for myself that I'm ordering the highest quality from my current shops, or to explore new ones to possibly find higher.

I ordered from petflytrap.com when I first started buying carnivorous plants. Compared to the other online stores I've bought from, petflytrap.com is very overpriced and the plants I got weren't healthy.

Well, that's a bummer and I hope you've found better shops them. I do hope my experience goes well though, and maybe I can help change your mind if that ends up being the case.