Advice on some seeds please!

Kovacs

Hi people!!

I'm buying some drosera prolifera and mexican pinguicula seeds.

I was wondering if anyone here could share some growing tips for these species, as it's not vey common to find. And also if you can tell me how do you grow them as adults. Do you think a terrarium could well for both?

Thanks to all!

Luciano.

Hi people!!

I was wondering if anyone here could share some growing tips for these species, as it's not vey common to find. And also if you can tell me how do you grow them as adults. Do you think a terrarium could well for both?

Thanks to all!

Luciano.

Hi Luciano,let me know if your seeds from Mex Pings germinated,for me it s never work whit seeds tat i have buy,notting germinated from this, :suicide_fool-edit:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi people!!

Thanks to all!

Luciano.

Hi,

D. prolifera likes very high air humidity, stable temperatures about 20-25°C and not much light (doesn't like direct sun). Soil can be mixture of peat and sand. Sow the seeds in the same conditions. From my own experineces seedlings of D. prolifera grow pretty slowly in comparision with plants from leaf cuttings. So take patience :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Terrariums are ussualy bad ideas no matter what genus or species of carnivorous plant.

Sweeping generalizations such as this help no one - especially when they are egregiously false. Many people successfully use enclosures to grow various CPs.