Very bad swap whit Gary Wheeler aka Garyhove!

will9

Hi all,i have last year begin june a agreement whit Gary Wheeler aka Garyhove ,i send 250 lithops and conos and he go send me 5 or 6 different clones off cephalotus and more then 20 binata different forms and whit locality data. :Laie_99:

I have send him at least between 550 and 600 plants from lithops,conophytum and cacti.He was very happy when he received this !

I received back from him after i say i set this on the forum(when i ask for plants i received no answhere anymore from him) :9 ceph seeds and 3 little offsets from ceph ,this was in september ,thats all wat i have received from him !

I have send him a mail a month ago for ask my plants ,he answhere when i have time ! And i meaby send you wat i have left after winter.let you know!

Today ,a month later i wil send another mail and i think he have block my mails,my mails came all back immediatly,so i am sick of this ,i not want to do this but i think Gary let me no choice,

I still have all the correspondenty(all mails i send and all mails he send to proof all off this.

I am really sick from this ,more then 500 plants ,2 full days of work and 15 Euro for sending for only 3 little offsets! :ireful3::smile:

So think twice when you go swap whit this guy

Edited by will9

Hi Willy,

I can confirm that the emails to Gary currently are returned.

He wrote me a while ago that he is busy moving to a new home, so this may be a reason why he currently is not checking his email and the messages are returned because his inbox is full. This is just guessing, but I had good experience with Gary in the past, so I am not too worried at the moment.

I hope this will resolve soon for you.

Best regards

Dieter

I don't know if this is speaking out of turn, but I'd like to stand up for Gary. I've had a few trades with him and he has always been on the level with me. I'm sorry to hear of your agreement going a bit awry, I know that Gary would do all he can for you and I hope that you get it sorted asap.

Cheers

Alex.

Hi Willy,

I can confirm that the emails to Gary currently are returned.

He wrote me a while ago that he is busy moving to a new home, so this may be a reason why he currently is not checking his email and the messages are returned because his inbox is full. This is just guessing, but I had good experience with Gary in the past, so I am not too worried at the moment.

I hope this will resolve soon for you.

Best regards

Dieter

Hi Dieter i hope you have right off this ,i have mail him the last time more then 3 weeks ago,i still waiting on his answhere,meaby his inbox is fill(can you fill a mailbox?i can not i think) but i think he can still answhere my mails .

The last mail is not came back,he was allready moved into his new home.

This is allready buzzy for more then 10 months now,allways i ask for plants he not answhere anymore,i have many patience whit this i think.

He promised me plants where she are ready,but last year he have sell plants on the forum that he promised me,is this normall?

The binata where ready in autum he say but he not send anything.In his last mail he say he thinking there are a lot plants dead ,i have ask what he goi send in place,no answhere,so i know notting,this communication is not so good!

Meaby i can wait another year till is ready?

He Alexa,i trusted Gary to at first.I have mails where i must say i go set this on the forum before i got any answhere,this was in august last year.

After i say this i become a mail from him whit excuses that he not do this anymore and that he go send the plants soon as possibly,after this i received this 3 offsets from cephs but he was selling that time 3 other clones more on the forum,so?Is this trustfull,i think not.

I notting hear from the binata after he promised this in june,he say he become this as roots a few weeks earlyer,i think this must be ready in autum!!!So normally he must this send before winter ,but he did not and let me not know how she are grow or something els abouth this!

This all looks not right to me wathever you say.

I think you can understand why i am upset now when i not can reach him anymore.Meaby he can explane me why he not give answhere on my mails .

I hope you have right abouth Gary.

Edited by will9

Hello will, i am really sorry to hear about your problem with Gary.

I can confirm he has moved house and has a lot of work to do on his new home.This does not excuse his not replying unless he has no internet connection at his new address.

I have delt with Gary before and had no problems,so i too have to say he has been alright with me in the past.

I do not have his new address yet,so i can only hope he can read these messages some how and put this bad experience you've had to the good.

ada

I can only say I've had good trades with Gary as well. Be patient, and I'm sure that when he is settled he will answer your mails.

He James and ada thanks for your trust that all came OK whit him,but have you ever swap whit Gary?

I think hes not so good in sending a few of his plants,i wundering what he go to send in place of the dead plants or the plants he not have anymore.

Can i still trust this plants are really what he claimed she are,if i must be honest ,the trust is away totally by me,i not think he can make i trust him again!

Meaby you know Gary match better and know hes trustfull ,for me it became very difficult,i think he have the chance to send me this plants before winter.

I ask him to send this in februari when the plants are begin to grow ,it s easyer to send buds then plants whit big leafs from binata,i know he have a lot of work whit this moved housse etc. but make plants ready and send take only a few hours of his time,so what can make a few hours .

I can wait till he is settled ,then i can wait till he have done his garden ,his greenhousse ,his plants,wash his car and meaby a lot more before he has time to answhere or send this plants,well, i have not so many patience ,sorry for this ,i wait allmost 10 months ,i think it s long enouf

Please if anyone can take contact whit Gary ,please do so and warning him,i can not!

Edited by will9

I'd be surprised that anyone in Europe would currently be growing 20+ location forms of D. binata. Not saying that this isn't possible, but I'd love to know which forms they are.

I'd be surprised that anyone in Europe would currently be growing 20+ location forms of D. binata. Not saying that this isn't possible, but I'd love to know which forms they are.

I want to know to!

I not know what forms,i know CZ plants sell abouth 20 different localitys,meaby the same?Normally i buy this ,but whit this agreement i do not ,i believe some of this are out off stock now!

I love it to collect locality plants ,i have allways done this,it s very intresting for see the difference between this (if there is some)I have thousands locality forms from haworthias,it s another way for collect something and you can learn t a lot from this,i love it!

Edited by will9

I want to know to!

I not know what forms,i know CZ plants sell abouth 20 different localitys,meaby the same?Normally i buy this ,but whit this agreement i do not ,i believe some of this are out off stock now!

I love it to collect locality plants ,i have allways done this,it s very intresting for see the difference between this (if there is some)I have thousands locality forms from haworthias,it s another way for collect something and you can learn t a lot from this,i love it!

thousands? wow..!

thousands? wow..!

Hi Amar,i think this is not the issue of this topic,if you want to see my haworthias i wil place allways a few pics on the forum!I think for moment still more then 2500 different!

If I was in Garys position and I dont have sufficient plants for a fair trade the decent thing to do is to be honest and come clean about the situation and return the Lithops

Guest hairy-harry

I don't want or need to go into much detail about this, but I had a smaller but similar problem with Gary Hove, and was ignored by him even though he was receiving my messages and logging on to CPUK, I sent many messages that were just ignored even though he was still posting on here, once he got what he wanted he didn't want to know.

I did receive some plants from Gary in the end, but was not entirely happy about being ignored, and how long they took to arrive, and also the plants themselves. I tried contacting him again after they arrived but this was also ignored.

I would not buy or trade with him again after the experience I had with him.

If I was in Garys position and I dont have sufficient plants for a fair trade the decent thing to do is to be honest and come clean about the situation and return the Lithops

To return the lithops the cacti and the conos is no option ,no way.Gary have give his word,i think he must keep it,if he have the plants no more what he promised me ,then he must buy this from CZ or to another place.

The 2 full days of work count to,if you think i go work for some people that not can hold there word ,then you are very wrong,no one do this. :thank_you2:

A word is a word but i think its of no match maining for some people.

I hope Gary can clear out this on a decent way but not something like that!

But i am afraid hes no longer on the internet,and i hope not he chanced his e mail adress,his name and his adress,in that case i have not match hope to hear again from him!

Meaby he have only trouble whit a new internet,but in that case there are allways ways for warning me and he not did this!

You must realise that this is not good for the reputation of a trustfull plantgrower,it s take a long time to fix your reputation again ,but i see no other option anymore then do this,i can not contact him on any way,i not know his new adres.

I not know wat i must think abouth this. :woot:

Edited by will9

Come on Gary, stand up and sort this out with willy.

If you don't have the plants,tell him you don't have them.

As willy says it takes a long time to get a good reputation in the cp world but only a short time or one dodgey swap to ruin it.

or contact someone and they can tell willy for you.

ada

Come on Gary, stand up and sort this out with willy.

If you don't have the plants,tell him you don't have them.

As willy says it takes a long time to get a good reputation in the cp world but only a short time or one dodgey swap to ruin it.

or contact someone and they can tell willy for you.

ada

Is there no one that Gary know personaly?if he have no internet anymore then he can not see this topic and someone must tell him,els i am affraid he gone not know this.

His last visit to the forum where a day after i send him the last mail!

And that time he was moved housse allready and have internet because my mail came not back, this worry me to!

he is on facebook

I not!

But this will maens he have still internet! then i think i may forgot this swap at all and been ript off ?

I have ask some friend to see on face book for Gary Wheeler,do you know howmatch there are?I not know how he looks at all!Find the riht one is impossible!

Edited by will9

he is one of my friends on Facebook. I will email and ask him and see if he will reply to this thread.

I have find him on facebook,not tell me hes not know whats going on her whit his 678 friends on facebook,i see his photo to,is this guy only 36 years old?looks match older to me!But i am really very bad in geuss some ones age! :JC_cupidboy:

When you have that amount of friends you must have also a lot of time for this. :D

I think he is too populair guy for saying match abbouth this ,i not know how many friends he have on facebook from this forum ,but i think to many.

Whit all this activitys on internet he can not long whitout internet ,if he not have anymore!

The least he can do is give answhere on this topic!!!!!!!

edit on 28-3 :Gary is still active on the internet,he add one friend more to his facebook,now there are 679

Edited by will9

Firstly I am very annoyed at this public slagging off of my person.

Willy I advised you about 4 weeks ago I could not send the Drosera we have discussed to swap due to me packing my flat ready to move to my new bungalow.

This happened about a week later. I am currently between 2 homes redecorating the flat to sell it and getting settled in the new place, also I have my plant collection split over the two places and a full time job, so you can imagine I am very busy so when I said you will have to wait I mean you will have to wait for a while before I can consider looking at what I am going to send you.

The house move also deleted my email address due to my services being stopped and at my current home I have no internet as of yet. I am having to use my works internet which is not really allowed but I am forced to use it to make a comment.

If it was not for some kind souls who are linked to me elsewhere I would not be aware of this posting and it has taken me several days to calm down before I could add a reply, I suggest you go and look up the word patience as you seem to have very little of this.

Please send me your details in a PM and when I come back on here to pick up your message I will take it from there. I will not be back on the forum until then so if you post any replies you will not get an answer.

Firstly I am very annoyed at this public slagging off of my person.

Willy I advised you about 4 weeks ago I could not send the Drosera we have discussed to swap due to me packing my flat ready to move to my new bungalow.

This happened about a week later. I am currently between 2 homes redecorating the flat to sell it and getting settled in the new place, also I have my plant collection split over the two places and a full time job, so you can imagine I am very busy so when I said you will have to wait I mean you will have to wait for a while before I can consider looking at what I am going to send you.

The house move also deleted my email address due to my services being stopped and at my current home I have no internet as of yet. I am having to use my works internet which is not really allowed but I am forced to use it to make a comment.

If it was not for some kind souls who are linked to me elsewhere I would not be aware of this posting and it has taken me several days to calm down before I could add a reply, I suggest you go and look up the word patience as you seem to have very little of this.

Please send me your details in a PM and when I come back on here to pick up your message I will take it from there. I will not be back on the forum until then so if you post any replies you will not get an answer.

Wel everyone

This can happened when you not communicate,meaby Gary can look up the word communication!

If Gary let know me more then only i have no time ,i let you know when i have time,i not happy whit this last mail to me,meaby i can understand when Gary explane me more then only no time.

Last year Gary where also moved and painting His home,so what must i think !(i have mails where he say this)

patience ,i all ready know what this is after allmost a year waiting,i think i have not little off this but very match!

When this is clear out ,i let know and then this can be removed.

I personally think will9 has got alot more patience than most people waiting that long, what a bad response by gary not even an apology to poor old willy.

I think Gary has done enough damage himself to his character posting a a response like that so don't worry will9. Gives others a good insight and people can make thier own minds up from his response but personally I think its disgraceful and mostly excuses, he doesn't seem to think he has done anything wrong, and I personally have seen him advertising stuff on here within the last year many plants that he promised you.

What aload of rubbish unbelievable he is being forced to use his works internet???? internet is so widely available these days library ,friend, phone etc and if you check back through garys posting history he was using the interent as recent as a couple of months ago, he has clearly ignored will9 hoping he would go away.

Will must have the patience of a saint to wait a year.

Despite being very busy Gary seems to have found the time to unpack, pot and incorporate the cacti into his collection.