Naming convention of sarracenia crosses

linuxman

It s no use to discuse abouth this anymore ,i think you people not understand a word from wat i try to say whit my very bad Englisch,so after this no comments anymore on this.

You simple denied that photofinder excist! So i think i am the only one that see so many names ! Meaby it s only in my head that i see this list?

I have never talk for knowing the plants or see what crossing it is,the only i talk abouth is that there are to many names on some lists.

Look to the list from Mike King,more then 80 names for only crossings and cultivars + some other names like alba etc.

I have not intresting for knowing what crossings this are!In a matter of fact i am not intresting in crossings at all.

It s only abouth names not abouth plants,meaby you understand it now?

Edited by will9

A plant genus containing at least 11 species which can hybridise to an infinite level is always going to be complicated. That along with cultivar names and location data means there are a lot of names.

But that's mother nature, not us or the system.

A plant genus containing at least 11 species which can hybridise to an infinite level is always going to be complicated. That along with cultivar names and location data means there are a lot of names.

But that's mother nature, not us or the system.

I see ,still not understand a word ,it s not done to be clear out my point :D

I believe what will9 is saying is that unofficial, unregistered names abound, while official, registered cultivar names are scarce. That many or most growers ignore the official naming conventions (coordinated by the ICNCP), that are carefully followed with most other plant groups. By looking through the various Sarracenia plants linked through the CP Photo Finder, most have "bogus" names, few have validly registered cultivar names.

Edited by Joseph Clemens

My opinion to the names of crosses:

The names of crosses (e.g. sarracenia) can given from everyone who made it from the plant. When this crossed plant are well described and registered is, you can use the given personal name.

But the more personal names there are, the more difficult it is, to identify the true crossed plants. I would therefore prefer the long description (e.g. S. x flava x purpurea) for easier identification.

Edited by Braunbear

I believe what will9 is saying is that unofficial, unregistered names abound, while official, registered cultivar names are scarce. That many or most growers ignore the official naming conventions (coordinated by the ICNCP), that are carefully followed with most other plant groups. By looking through the various Sarracenia plants linked through the CP Photo Finder, most have "bogus" names, few have validly registered cultivar names.

My opinion to the names of crosses:

The names of crosses (e.g. sarracenia) can given from everyone who made it from the plant. When this crossed plant are well described and registered is, you can use the given personal name.

But the more personal names there are, the more difficult it is, to identify the true crossed plants. I would therefore prefer the long description (e.g. S. x flava x purpurea) for easier identification.

Yes,at least a few people that understand what i trying to say :sarcastic_hand::hi:

Edited by will9