Alien, Coquillage, Mirror, Microdent, FTS Freak & FTS Yellow

FlytrapCare

A few shots of some rare clones and some FTS clones that I hope to get in tissue culture this year.

First we have

Coquillage (two baby plants):

4ec549a2f55dc80bec3d4308.jpg

4ec549a2f55dc80bec3d4308.jpg

Mirror:

3df381f135260abdeefab710.jpg

Closeup on the little side growth (sorry for the blurriness...I didn't use my good camera or a tripod)

5ee9149edfc3d37bda21153d.jpg

Alien:

27cc5f18d0e170f38f122318.jpg

Microdent:

75f7da3239e5bb964efd1e0c.jpg

And now onto a couple of interesting FlytrapStore clones not yet in propagation. Both of these are from the 2008 FlytrapRanch seed mix.

FTS Freak:

I should have taken photos of this guy during the growing season because it's hard to tell what it looks like when dormant, but the leaves and traps curl in on themselves and the cilia (teeth) on the traps are poorly formed.

4514247621ffc1e622755e75.jpg

73385ad8122034b442a1a33d.jpg

FTS Yellow:

There are other clones out there called "Yellow" but in the photos I've seen of them, they don't look very yellow. This plant is banana yellow, a very odd color for a flytrap...I think :)

d161b123997e39697a95a9ea.jpg

Alongside a red and a green flytrap for color comparison:

0aa1fb9ab6cc30e3c7d275b2.jpg

1b8f14215a4817f290a738e6.jpg

c2fd6470ab45f46625cb63ba.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the photos :)

Thanks for the nice comment Thomas. I do have quite good growing conditions here and I pamper the plants with a heated greenhouse :)

The freak isn't any sort of special cross. It was just one seedling of about 300 seeds from the 2008 FlytrapRanch seed harvest that I germinated in vitro.

The Freak and the Yellow look great,I'd certainly want them in my collection, could be a while before they get to the UK alas.

It could be sooner than you think! We're selling sterile cultures now in the International FlytrapStore:

http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/internati...es-dionaea.html

I'm planning on initializing both of these clones in TC this spring. That means that you could have them by the fall :)

Wow! A site where you can buy a phytosanatary certificate,thus enabling you to buy plants from the usa legaly!Your going to make a fortune!Especialy when you branch out to include sarracenias and other cps!Nicely done.

Wow! A site where you can buy a phytosanatary certificate,thus enabling you to buy plants from the usa legaly!Your going to make a fortune!Especialy when you branch out to include sarracenias and other cps!Nicely done.

Hah, I don't know about making a fortune. Maybe once people find out about it more we'll get some international customers :)

• 3 months later...