Carnivorous Plants (1979, 2005) Slack

Is there a difference, apart from the newer edition just looking different?

Nobody knows? must I buy both? :moderator:

This seems to be destiny for you Amar :yes: Get both.. then sell the one you least prefer on ebay or CPUK

Edited by dchasselblad74

The first book, Carnivorous Plants, 1979/2005

is a very different book from

the second book, Insect Eating Plants and How to Grow Them, 1988, published between the two editions of the first book.

Though I'm not sure that you're talking about the two different titles and not different printings of the same book.

If you're talking about two different printings of Carnivorous Plants, and I believe you are, there are probably a few typo's corrected in the second printing, though I may be mistaken. There may also be a few other differences. I have a copy of the first printing and Genlisea is misspelled, and a few other words in the volume. I remember reading a book review, somewhere that discussed the differences, though I haven't been able to find it again, yet.

Edited by Joseph Clemens

Cheers Joseph, I think I will then find myself a copy of the older, first edition. :)

As said earlier, I don't think that there is a great difference between them. Slack's second book is very different in the first edition and the later one. Quite a few of the original photos were lost . The biggest problem with Slack's second book is finding a first edition, they are like rocking horse poo, and can go for a lot of money.