Humidifier

amark8195

I saw some nice Ultrasonic Humidifier from Walgreens for $30-$50... I think those would suffice for the description of what you need. I recently

purchased an Ultrasonic humidifier for the whole apartment, since I have several plants in the windowsill, It was a good brand called Air-O-Swiss and

I love it and so does my plants.... http://www.airoswiss.net/AOS7142.aspx

Be careful with these ultrasonic humidifiers; they are very good at pumping water into the air, and also everything else that is in the water, dissolved minerals, bacteria, molds, algae and all! Use distilled water when possible, and clean the units between each use and let them dry before adding water again. Molds, fungus, algae and bacteria can find themselves in almost any damp place and get sent out with the mist into the very air that you breathe. - Rich

If it's just one plant that you need it for (or a couple more) you can try one of these cheap ultrasonic foggers, sold on ebay as decorative items. Provided you don'tmind the led lights, you can place it in a bowl with distilled water and place this next to the plants or inside a terrarium. You can put a timer to control how long you want it to run for.

I you are a bit more adventurous you can even build a setup with the fogger inside a jar and with two small aquarium pipes (for air input and mist output) and a small air pump you can control exactly where the mist will go/drop.

If you're thinking of a bigger setup, for the whole room, search at baby stores, they have room humidifiers to control the humidity at babies rooms, some of which can be really inexpensive.

Be careful with these ultrasonic humidifiers; they are very good at pumping water into the air, and also everything else that is in the water, dissolved minerals, bacteria, molds, algae and all! Use distilled water when possible, and clean the units between each use and let them dry before adding water again. Molds, fungus, algae and bacteria can find themselves in almost any damp place and get sent out with the mist into the very air that you breathe. - Rich

I totally agree with what you're saying, that's why when my older humidifier broke, I decided to invest in the Air-O-Swiss brand, which has the following qualities;

Quad-band water quality protection:

*The cornerstone of our protection system is the Ionic Silver Stick that uses aqueous silver ions to conrol microbial growth

*The ultrasonic system, with its high-frequency vibrations, destroys most microbes

*Pre-heating the water to 176 °F (80 °C) inhibits growth of microbes

*The plastic housing of the demineralization cartridge is treated with silver (Ag+ Ionic Silver Technology). This inhibits microbial growth on the surface of the cartridge

Edited by dchasselblad74