"Tank Ceph 2", Sibling to Eden Black

mobile

• 1 month later...
Very nice. I wish we could get the Tank Ceph 2 and Eden Black here on the other side of the pond!

Me too, but it seems like we have to wait until 'Tank Ceph 2' grow up enough to make a cutting and wait for someone to send it to this side.

Nice plants indeed, they need to be shared to the world.

Me too, but it seems like we have to wait until 'Tank Ceph 2' grow up enough to make a cutting and wait for someone to send it to this side.

Nice plants indeed, they need to be shared to the world.

There are "Tank ceph 2" which are mature enough to produce cuttings. In fact, mine is third generation I believe. The problem is that it is prohibitively expensive and very time consuming to send plants out of Europe.

There are "Tank ceph 2" which are mature enough to produce cuttings. In fact, mine is third generation I believe. The problem is that it is prohibitively expensive and very time consuming to send plants out of Europe.

Yes, it is, but the sacrifice would be wothwhile, so many people would pay all the shipping issues just to have such a great plant, I spent nearly 80 Euros to have one Heliamphora pulchella and four highland Nepenthes (like my beautiful jamban) from Czech Repubic to Mexico.

Edited by Tuuagso

I spent nearly 80 Euros to have one Heliamphora pulchella and four highland Nepenthes (like my beautiful jamban) from Czech Repubic to Mexico.

80€ wouldn't even pay for the Phytosanitary certificate here in the UK.

• 3 months later...

Wonderful, any new photos of this one ? Love the colouration.

This one hit a setback, with pitchers looking limp and some of them dying off. I have no idea what caused it but as it looked unhealthy I decided to remove all the existing soil and re-pot. Fortunately, this worked and the pitchers that hadn't completely died-back recovered and it has started to put out new pitcher... phew. In order to recover I have changed the lighting to something that should encourage growth but this unfortunately means less colouration.

Here's a couple of pictures of it today:

SS852918.JPG

SS852919.JPG

I don't know how many of this clone are in circulation and, of those, how many are large enough for propagation. The forum member that I obtained it from no longer comes on here and neither does the member who they got it from. You can see that mine is a good few years away from being able to produce cuttings.

I don't know how many of this clone are in circulation and, of those, how many are large enough for propagation. The forum member that I obtained it from no longer comes on here and neither does the member who they got it from. You can see that mine is a good few years away from being able to produce cuttings.

I have tried contacting LJ but have had no reply, I thought that Stephen may have a waiting list as he did for 'Eden Black'.

Elliot

I have tried contacting LJ but have had no reply, I thought that Stephen may have a waiting list as he did for 'Eden Black'.

Elliot

I tried contacting LJ a little while back and received no reply either. I don't know if Stephen has a waiting list and I don't think I'm even on the 'Eden Black' list.

I know that a couple of "Tank Ceph 2" were sold on eBay and that HugoMorse passed on at least two but I don't know how many Stephen or Heather have passed on, so don't know how many are in circulation.

there are not many in circulation, only 2 or 3 I have sold to others as far as I recall.

I took loads of cuttings this spring, just before the hot weather and they ALL withered. I have 2 medium sized plants only, now with no non-carnivorous leaves!.

conversely I got loads of EB leaf cuttings done recently and if they do well could have a few young plants available next year, maybe enough to clear the waiting list.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 21/06/2011 at 8:16 PM, mobile said:

I know that a couple of "Tank Ceph 2" were sold on eBay and that HugoMorse passed on at least two but I don't know how many Stephen or Heather have passed on, so don't know how many are in circulation.

Wow, an old thread that I stumbled on by accident.

I gave one to LJ. There is a very funny, but rather cruel, story behind it. One of my cats killed a monstrous spider; you could see all the individual eyes, large and hairy and very long legs. I carefully placed it inside one of the pitchers as if it was crawling out. LJ told me she almost had a heart attack opening it. I was chuckling and hope she did see the funny side. I sincerely hope she is doing well. I remember she was preparing her wedding around then.

I used to grow a few varieties of Ceph's but had to cut down on my collection many, many years ago. Luis bought some of me and I see him list spares on eBay occassionally. He has an amazing collection.

Other than LJ, I gave one to a French grower, but cannot remember her name now. I may still have the message on here, but do not have time to check. [EDIT] It was aidi on here in August 2008. I was passionate about VFT's and traded for a Coquillage.

I did sell a couple on eBay. Having just checked, the same person who bought one of me in 2015 has just purchased another. I would not want to name them for their privacy.

Once again, I am having to cut down on my collection, but this time on VFT's again. I have a new baby (my second), so have no time to give the time required to CP's, my orchids and tillandsia's. So, the money from anything is going to good use for my little ones.

My TC2 is very special to me. My very first ceph and amazing how different it grows under different conditions (back in the day, I had a terrarium). It grows monster pitchers for me.

My only other ceph's are Eden Black, purchased from Stephen in May 2012, and Big Boy, purchased from JohnP on here in July 2008. I cannot part with them.

Edited by HugoMorse

@HugoMorse, from recollection LJ divided her Tank Ceph 2 a few times and passed them on to growers like me. Unfortunately I lost mine some years ago and have never been able to replace it.

I wonder whatever happened to LJ. She went from being an avid VFT collector and forum member, to vanished.