attracting fruit flies

I want to help feed by drosera and pings next year by attracting fruit flies...

is the best way of doing this having fruit out in some containers? or are there any ingenious suggestions?

You can purchase designer fruit flies and breed them yourself. You can even get wingless ones that cant escape. just sprinkle then on you drosera like ground pepper, nice.

You can even get wingless ones that cant escape. just sprinkle then on you drosera like ground pepper, nice.

Hmmm... this all sounds a little too macabre to me... I know they are only flies but still they are living creatures. If a creature lands or crawls into/onto a CP then that's a chance of nature, but sprinkling creatures that have no means of escape onto something that is going to slowly kill them goes a little too far for my liking.

we are good at breeding fruit flies in our house, just leave a banana in the fruit bowl for a month, that does the job!

Lol...This is so true in my house aswell....It works 100% all the time...

Gary,just chuck any old fruit in a container and put a lid on and leave a little gap.

I do this in the green house in the summer,when its warm enough they will find it and breed. then just lift it and tap it over your plants.

You'll get plenty of flies if the conditions are right.

ada