Sign in to follow this  
mobile

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Been snowing on and off here since last Wednesday night and no sign of let-up yet...

fkr6f9.jpg21lrgbc.jpg

Edited by mobile

Wow! Its been realy cold here lately but no snow yet.Fingers crossed for a white christmas. : )

Edited by wallsg7

You must be about the only place in Britain where there hasn't been snow! We have around 4-5inches here with it still falling

Edited by Stefano

Outside my window..

snow2010.jpg I want the :wink: back..

Here was my front door this morning! Goes further down too as a couple of steps below the door line.

Snow1stDec2010006-1.jpg

And a few more....

Snow1stDec2010027-1.jpg

Snow1stDec2010018-1.jpg

Snow1stDec2010003-1.jpg

Yep its supposed to be the worst snow in Sheffield for 31 years! We hardly ever get any, normally a couples of inches at most - certainly for the last 15 years or so. I remember it being a bit worse when I was really young, it must be how the Scots feel most winters! Atleast we havent got it quite as cold - brrrrr!

Blimey!Sounds like we are getting it easy then-down here in the westcountry.No sign of snow here yet!

Wanna swap Gary?? :wink: Getting a bit miffed with it all now - people that havent got snow are bloody lucky I say!! A bit is nice and exciting but too much is just a pain!!

Its been cold here too and loads of snow also. I am glad I bought a greenhouse heater, its keeps the temp about 2°C using the thermostat

Here was my front door this morning! Goes further down too as a couple of steps below the door line.

Snow1stDec2010006-1.jpg

And a few more....

Snow1stDec2010027-1.jpg

Snow1stDec2010018-1.jpg

Snow1stDec2010003-1.jpg

it's the same height in mansfield LJ,I have not been into the nepenthes house for 4 days now.

it must be how the Scots feel most winters!

It's not any different to other winters to me, :biggrin: its almost like living in Canada where I am,

ohh, what a great, please put more pictures of the snow! Even though it was very cold, what better than a pretty snow that tranquility you see in those pictures.

ohh, what a great, please put more pictures of the snow! Even though it was very cold, what better than a pretty snow that tranquility you see in those pictures.

Sorry if I'm spamming, but you might enjoy this post from January, where I posted pictures of a snowy sundew bog.

Sorry if I'm spamming, but you might enjoy this post from January, where I posted pictures of a snowy sundew bog.

I work for a Norwegian company and staff regularly visit there, often returning with tales of how much snow there is and how cold it is in winter.

Edited by mobile

And a few more....

Snow1stDec2010003-1.jpg

That a very realistic snow man you built there.

That a very realistic snow man you built there.

Snow Woman you meant... :biggrin:

I work for a Norwegian company and staff regularly visit there, often returning with tales of how much snow there is and how cold it is in winter.

We have both rainy and proper winters (or more usually a mix of both), but in my opinion (despite it being absolutely freezing), it's better when it's snowy and cold. The snow is beautiful and also reflects any light, making the nights brighter.

Conditions aren't getting any better here. The first load of snow melted, just in time for the second load. I've spent most of this morning digging out my drive and road in front of it, so that I can turn into drive. It's bitterly cold too...

These are hanging off my house

pic2.JPG

This is just down the road from my house. The icicle is over 1m long!

pic1.JPG

This is my pot of heathers. As you can see, they are encased in ice

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

Edited by mobile