Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

mobile

Yep its supposed to be the worst snow in Sheffield for 31 years! We hardly ever get any, normally a couples of inches at most - certainly for the last 15 years or so. I remember it being a bit worse when I was really young, it must be how the Scots feel most winters! Atleast we havent got it quite as cold - brrrrr!

Sorry if I'm spamming, but you might enjoy this post from January, where I posted pictures of a snowy sundew bog.

I work for a Norwegian company and staff regularly visit there, often returning with tales of how much snow there is and how cold it is in winter.

Edited by mobile

I work for a Norwegian company and staff regularly visit there, often returning with tales of how much snow there is and how cold it is in winter.

We have both rainy and proper winters (or more usually a mix of both), but in my opinion (despite it being absolutely freezing), it's better when it's snowy and cold. The snow is beautiful and also reflects any light, making the nights brighter.

• 3 weeks later...

Conditions aren't getting any better here. The first load of snow melted, just in time for the second load. I've spent most of this morning digging out my drive and road in front of it, so that I can turn into drive. It's bitterly cold too...

These are hanging off my house

pic2.JPG

This is just down the road from my house. The icicle is over 1m long!

pic1.JPG

This is my pot of heathers. As you can see, they are encased in ice

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

Edited by mobile