Sign in to follow this  
Loakesy

A busy life

I'm sad to say that life and work has been so darned busy in the past two months that I have only managed to get to my greenhouse about 3, perhaps 4, times. All of my plants seem to doing OK, but I do feel terribly guilty about it!

Does anyone get the chance to tend their plants as often as they would like?

Not me!Im in the same boat as you.I pop in once a week to water and admire then have to pull myself away. : /

I'm sad to say that life and work has been so darned busy in the past two months that I have only managed to get to my greenhouse about 3, perhaps 4, times. All of my plants seem to doing OK, but I do feel terribly guilty about it!

Does anyone get the chance to tend their plants as often as they would like?

Seems like there's never enough time, and too many times this one or that one will die of too little, or too much water.

Nope never enough time - usually have to quickly run in and water them when needs be, always have so many things I need to do but takes ages to actually get round to doing ti, many waiting for be repotted, lots of leaf cuttings I need to take to keep up with the requests from people.......

I could do with an extra few hours each day atleast! By the time you've done your day job, got home and cooked and cleaned, checked the internet etc the day is nearly over! Wish I was a guy sometimes, atleast I could try and get out of the cooking and cleaning then!

Wish I was a guy sometimes, atleast I could try and get out of the cooking and cleaning then!

That depends on your level of training!

Ok, what is the record for Sarracenia neglect? I have a plant that has a rhizome hanging over the side of the pot by about 2inches. I reckon it is the least likely of my plants to get Botrytis, though. :smile:

Yes, I get enough time.

You see, child labour should be encouraged.

Edited by jimfoxy

Sure! As long as it isn't me. Pick on my mates at school. All they do is play these games on the Xbox and whatnot, and they need something better to do :smile:

I'm far too busy tending to plants and cycling to the nearest purpurea site.

Seems like there's never enough time, and too many times this one or that one will die of too little, or too much water.

Glad I am not the only one! Too many times have I found plants starting to dry out or worse! And it only increases in winter when its too dark or too cold outside for you to want to step outside! Poor old plants!!

Wish I was a guy sometimes, atleast I could try and get out of the cooking and cleaning then!

In my household, both my wife and I do the cooking and cleaning...... :yes:

It is in most poor countries....In fact most famous brand shoes and clothes are made with or strictly child labor..