EDWARDSIANA ON EBAY

gabew

i was just looking on ebay and look what i FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

it isn't a very big plant but it is still the real deal (i have bought from this seller before, he is a member of this forum as loligo1964, and he is a VERY good seller)

this is a VERY rare opportunity to get this extremely rare and sought after plant, if you have a couple hundred dollars or so to spend on it!!!

sorry to say only USA members in the lower 48 states can buy this however

PLEASE NOTE: this is NOT my plant

Edited by gabew

PLEASE NOTE: this is NOT my plant i am merely making this as a public service announcement

A 'public service announcement' would draw attention to the eBay listing.

The following could be construed as advertising, in my opinion:

this is a VERY rare opportunity to get this extremely rare and sought after plant, if you have a thousand dollars or so to spend on it!!!

sorry to say only USA members in the lower 48 states can buy this however

Edited by mobile

It's true, the plant is sooooo tiny, that I don't think it's worth the risk.....But then MAN it's an EDWARDSIANA! :wub:

.......................................... as the'yre only likely to get more common............

Man !!!! I hope soon, cause I want one

This plant does not look healthy! - I would not spent any money for a sick plant with great risk of loosing it...

Joachim

I had absolutely nothing to do with the "advertising" on this site -- and the plants are in good shape and have been since they arrived from Germany several months ago. Considering just how truly tiny they were when they arrived, I have no complaints. I planted the damn things with tweezers.

In reply to the plant's "dubious" rarity, I can think of no other Nepenthes species that is in more demand; and in thirty years of growing the plants, I can only count on one hand the number of "eddies" that I have seen in cultivation. A good-sized plant with mature pitchers sold in California for US 3000.00 but a few months ago; and I have known orchid growers to spend more on a plant than my car in college. I certainly hope that they enter wider availability but it took years for other species such as N. hamata to become "commonly" available; and I can clearly recall the difficulty in obtaining my first rooted cutting back in the mid-1980s. when they were still arguing over its name.

In addition, all of the proceeds go directly the continued 24-hour support of an ailing parent . . .

Edited by loligo1964

I am sorry if it sounded like I was "advertising" on this post

This species is truly extremely hard to find for sale, the only place to buy it commercially is through Wistuba, selling similar sized or smaller plants, and he is sold out for a while

I was merely saying that there is a very rare opportunity to buy this plant for those looking desperately to find it (i know there are people like that out there being one)

Sorry for the confusion