Dionaea 'Charly Mandon's spotted'

karl

Hello all,

Here are some pics of Dionaea 'Charly Mandon's spotted', a new french cultivar discovered on september 12th, 2010 .

Red spots are present both on internal and external sides of the traps, teeth included . For further informations, please use the email adress on the pics (don't PM) .

Enjoy !

Karl

dionaeacharlymandonsspotted1.jpg

dionaeacharlymandonsspotted2.jpg

dionaeacharlymandonsspotted3.jpg

dionaeacharlymandonsspotted4.jpg

dionaeacharlymandonsspotted5.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest i dont know toimeme.Last time i looked the grower had several stable plants.Maybe someone in the know can update us.

yes i remember he putted his plant on tc cultur, i also remember he found it in seedling and it's one australian guy called geoff.

And i never had news about this 'patch', really interresting plant , and the original topic is here===>

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?s...mp;hl=vft+patch

Edited by toimeme

"Patches" I think Geoff prefers to propogate this plant via back-bulb division, he has said nothing to me about putting it in Vitro.

I dont remember if he talk about tc top me via mp or on the forum.

If he propagate it by bulb cutting normally now he have lo of plants, more than 2 years.

I seem to remember reading something about tissue culturing this plant as well.Strange how its all gone quiet concerning this plant.Patches was a real beauty-perhaps it wasnt stable after all?

Charley mandons spotted sure is a nice plant too.Fingers crossed its stable.

Patches update.

Hi Everyone,

Firstly sorry about the delay in posting but life somehow interrupted a lot of things and some things had to be put away for a while. Anyway everything is going in the right direction now.

I cannot believe it has been nearly 2 years since my last post, where to begin.

Ok here goes. 2006:I took a number of back bulb divisions (3 I think)) and all these survived ok however the parent plants went backwards and I thought I was going to lose them. Also they had flowered for the first time and I attempted to pollinate them to produce seed. The seed they produced was immature and I did not sow any of them. Sorry Aiden I know I promised you some and I have not forgoten you, this season maybe. They struggled all through winter and I was hoping for better things in the spring but unfortunately they did not improve at all.

2007:The whole growing season they hardly grew at all and not one of them flowered.

2008: Autumn I repotted them for winter and placed them in a 50% shade (plastic) igloo. Before winter took hold they began growing and not one of them showed the patches. I thought with all the stress etc the plants had reverted to normal. Spring came along and I repotted them again this time with some fertilizer and the plants took off but still no patches. I thought that was that and placed them outside in the full sun. That was about 2 weeks ago and to my surprise the patches are beginning to reappear, talk about a roller coaster ride this has been. Today I noticed 3 are beginning to flower. Through natural division I now have about 22 plants and some of these are still not showing the patches but I feel pretty confident they will as the summer progresses, time will tell though. Originally I wondered how stable they were and if they "patch up" like before with what they have been through they are very stable - I hope.

Anyway that is the end of the saga and I will take some more pics when they improve more.

For those people who have not seen this plant here is an old photo from 2006.

All the best

Geoff

Trap colouration is effected by many different environmental factors. Sunlight is an obvious factor but water level, nitrogen, humidity and flowering can also affect trap colouration.

Edited by Trev

Geoff has sent me some up to date pictures of "Patches"-enjoy....

VFT_patches_7-11-10_12.jpg

VFT_patches_7-11-102.jpg

VFT_patches_7-11-10_22.jpg

As you can see the patches only appear on the inside ot the traps, the other unpatched traps also seem quite pale making the whole plant look very distinctive. Apparantly the plant is a strong and vigorous grower,it's my opinion this plant is worthy of cultivar status.